Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion on Canadian teams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your opinion on Canadian teams

    Well it seems that Toronto will not be moving out of Toronto such as my beloved Expos. Is there actually any Expos fan in this forum or who felt pity for your sister team?

    Do Blue jays fans care even what happened to Montreal?:noidea :gt
    Do you guys know you are going through the same risk as we were:
    BUD SELIG
    Last edited by wilkerson_rulz-06; 01-06-2006, 06:07 PM.
    Cristobal

  • #2
    If I count, ( I'm the Netherlands of baseball fans ), I'd say yeah, I did care about what happened in Montreal, and I think that if the Expos were even given a chance to field a contending team and did contend, it would've worked, and the casual fans (not diehards like you, Wilk, I mean) would've been going to games, or at least a lot better attempt.

    I sure hope that the Blue Jays won't be following in the same steps as the Expos. Yeah, they're in Canada, but come on now, there are obviously people in places other than America that care about baseball and would support it being played in a big city in Canada or Mexico. The little secret is that it isn't really a "World Series", but rather a "North American Series." Everybody does take risks, but really I don't see any danger with the Jays.
    My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

    1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

    2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

    3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

    4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

    5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Knick9
      If I count, ( I'm the Netherlands of baseball fans ), I'd say yeah, I did care about what happened in Montreal, and I think that if the Expos were even given a chance to field a contending team and did contend, it would've worked, and the casual fans (not diehards like you, Wilk, I mean) would've been going to games, or at least a lot better attempt.

      I sure hope that the Blue Jays won't be following in the same steps as the Expos. Yeah, they're in Canada, but come on now, there are obviously people in places other than America that care about baseball and would support it being played in a big city in Canada or Mexico. The little secret is that it isn't really a "World Series", but rather a "North American Series." Everybody does take risks, but really I don't see any danger with the Jays.
      Yankees rule is also from the Netherlands.
      I must admit, I do have a deep desire for the Expos to return so I can head back down to the Big-Owe and chant : GO EXPOS GO!!!
      The Jays won't leaver: ROGERS owns them.

      Sadly, this is just a dream, nothing more...
      Cristobal

      Comment


      • #4
        Of course I know the Expos left and I hate watching the Nats now and I hate Loria for what he did. There will be another team in Montreal within the next few decades i believe.

        Plus, Toronto won't leave for a while either. We aren't leaving. I think Selig will keep at least one team in Canada always as they need one. Montreal will be back

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Big_Mac
          Of course I know the Expos left and I hate watching the Nats now and I hate Loria for what he did. There will be another team in Montreal within the next few decades i believe.

          Plus, Toronto won't leave for a while either. We aren't leaving. I think Selig will keep at least one team in Canada always as they need one. Montreal will be back
          I hope so man...just get me a team before I die...so I can be happy
          Cristobal

          Comment


          • #6
            I know what you mean Wilk....
            When Bud Selig leaves the MLB, and Montreal gets a decent owner, I think we should get a franchise running in the late 20s (I'm talking 2020's here)

            By the way, Montreal is bidding for the 2016 summer olympics, this means if we get a chance, we might build a new baseball stadium here....(hope it's downtown):radio :radio
            REMEMBER THE EXPOS

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gjm130
              I know what you mean Wilk....
              When Bud Selig leaves the MLB, and Montreal gets a decent owner, I think we should get a franchise running in the late 20s (I'm talking 2020's here)

              By the way, Montreal is bidding for the 2016 summer olympics, this means if we get a chance, we might build a new baseball stadium here....(hope it's downtown):radio :radio
              When Bud leaves baseball, I'll be throwing a bash and you're all invited.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by runningshoes53
                When Bud leaves baseball, I'll be throwing a bash and you're all invited.
                Beautiful!!!
                Count me in!!
                REMEMBER THE EXPOS

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think the Jays are at risk of leaving, Rogers has tonnes of cash and the Jays have been drawing 20,000+ to games even while losing since 1993.

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X