Jays call up Robinson Diaz?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays call up Robinson Diaz?!?!?

What the hell is going on? they purchased the contract of a guy who spent last year in single "A"? why don't they sign Zaun for christ sakes?!?!? why don't they call up Mahoney or Thigpen? at least they have AA experiance! this is ******** and I better not see Jason Phillips starting next year and being backed up by some douche from single "A", sorry for my language but I'm prtty pissed off because JP's smoking a little too much crack.

Chill man. I already explained it to you. The Jays only have 37 players on their roster right now. So they need someone to fill it. Until they sign a catcher (Zaun or Barajas), Diaz will be on the active roster. It definitly isn't a big deal.

The reason they chose this guy is most likely (not for sure though) because his contract was the lowest, so it costs the least to purchase it (as opposed to Thigpen or Mahoney).
    WAMCO!

Comment

Robinson Diaz had his contract purchased by the Blue Jays to prevent from exposing him to other teams in next month's Rule 5 draft. In all lileklyhood, Diaz will begin next season in the minors- being placed on the 40-man roster does not ensure a spot on the 25-man major league roster.

Comment

its not a huge deal. being placed on the 40-man roster means nothing really other then he is protected from the rule 5 draft.

Comment

Reading this thread made my day.
          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X