2007 Prediction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
    Papelbon certainly won't maintain that ERA as a starter. I have a feeling that he will suffer from the Sophmore Slump, and not be very effective this season. I am ready to be proven wrong though.
    Of course not. I wasn't trying to say that at all. But a 3.50 ERA is very reasonable if he continues to throw the way he did last year, or anywhere near it... And that's probably a good amount better than Marcum will give you (although I do think Marcum can become a serviceable ML pitcher)

Comment

Hopefully we sign a 3rd starter (Mulder/Meche/Lilly). Then we would have Chacin/Marcum/Towers as 4 and 5.
      WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
        Hopefully we sign a 3rd starter (Mulder/Meche/Lilly). Then we would have Chacin/Marcum/Towers as 4 and 5.
        That might be key to contending -- especially if the Jays sign them and NY doesn't. I would be nice to see the Yankees have a hole in their rotation instead of the Sox and Jays for once.

Comment

Probably not gonna happen.
          • Wang
          • Mussina
          • Johnson
          • Zito/Lilly
          • Hughes (not there if both of the above are signed)
          WAMCO!

Comment

Until Matsuzaka is in a Red Sox uniform and getting wins as a member of the Red Sox, I still pick Chacin. I am also fairly certain that I will be proved dead wrong on that one. But, like I said, looking at things as they are now, I stand by my earlier post. When things change, they change.
            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
              Until Matsuzaka is in a Red Sox uniform and getting wins as a member of the Red Sox, I still pick Chacin. I am also fairly certain that I will be proved dead wrong on that one. But, like I said, looking at things as they are now, I stand by my earlier post. When things change, they change.
              What needs to change? In your earlier post you said "is a great pick up by the Sox, but will need time to transition." But you won't take him now because he is not on the team yet? Am I getting something wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                What needs to change? In your earlier post you said "is a great pick up by the Sox, but will need time to transition." But you won't take him now because he is not on the team yet? Am I getting something wrong here?
                i think what he's saying is that until we see him pitch in major league ballgames, we dont know what he will be like at this level. he dominated at the wbc and everything but who knows? he might get thrown around a bit but no one knows for sure. i think he'll be excellent imo but we don't know yet.

i think we can contend in both the wildcard or al east. i think the wc is more realistic options because i do see either boston or new york pulling away much like new york did last year but i dont see toronto tailing off again. i would very pleasent to see my jays in october!

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac

i think we can contend in both the wildcard or al east. i think the wc is more realistic options because i do see either boston or new york pulling away much like new york did last year but i dont see toronto tailing off again. i would very pleasent to see my jays in october!
                  How about the Jays and Sox make the playoffs? I think we would both like that.. A certain team would watching from their couches.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                    How about the Jays and Sox make the playoffs? I think we would both like that.. A certain team would watching from their couches.
                    That's fine by us!
                    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X