No problems there. Without you, this thread would have been like this:
    Big_Mac: JP is doing a good job.
    RichmondHillPhoenix: I agree.
    Chiefs 4 Life: Me too.
    Chris from NY: Ya, me too.
    EvanAparra: I like posting.
    Flying27: I hate Dustin McGowan.
    1-5: We know.

Sorry guys, but we all know it's the truth.
    This should be the Jays forum slogan .
    WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
      No problems there. Without you, this thread would have been like this:
      Big_Mac: JP is doing a good job.
      RichmondHillPhoenix: I agree.
      Chiefs 4 Life: Me too.
      Chris from NY: Ya, me too.
      EvanAparra: I like posting.
      Flying27: I hate Dustin McGowan.
      1-5: We know.

Sorry guys, but we all know it's the truth.
      haha, very funny chris. also very true.

Comment

no worries on hijacking the thread. better than arguing with flying27.

Don't forget, this is the same guy that signed Hinske and Koskie to long-term, high dollar deals and don't even get me started on Molina.
        i think anyone would have signed hinske longterm after the year had in his rookie year. no one would have predicted he would have bombed that bad. koskie was bad and molina, hell i love theguy, but it wasnt worth it.

He's also traded Hillenbrand for virtually nothing (I realize this was more a trade out of necessity than anything else), Hinske for nothing (salary dump), Batista and Hudson for a position already filled by 3 players (Koskie, Hinske and Hillenbrand), Bush for Overbay (trade looks good now, has potential to look bad considering they had a decent bat filling the position and they better hope they don't need pitching in the near future), Stewart for nothing and Felipe Lopez for nothing. Doesn't this upset you? Don't you feel like your payroll has gone up 10%, but your talent has only gone up 3%? It's no big deal right now, but this is the stuff that comes back to haunt franchises (ticket prices go up to help pay for the talent, people quit going when the team falls out of the playoff race, budget gets tighter, mediocre team is put on the field until team can re-build).
        hillenbrand trade - did get a decent young pitcher for cancer
        glaus trade - needed a bat behind wells, good deal imo even though we let go of hudson
        overbay trade - bush had a good year but you need hitting in the al east and lyle did that last year
        stewart trade - not a big stewart fan, we were going to lose him in arbitration anyways and we did end up trading ronald mcdonald for lilly, who was decent while here.
        lopez - he was a nobody when he was here but it hurts to see him succeed when we need a shortstop.

the trade that kills me was the deal where we sent izturis to la. we could use him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
          koskie was bad
          It's really too bad things happened the way they did with Koskie. He kinda started off slow, then before anyone knew he got hurt on a weird play. Then his injury took longer than expected. After he got back, he never got into a groove. It really is too bad, he would have made a good #5 hitter in the line-up, and he's Canadian to boot. But the team is better off now. Overbay took the role Koskie would have played, and Glaus is a better all-around player.
          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

It's really too bad things happened the way they did with Koskie. He kinda started off slow, then before anyone knew he got hurt on a weird play. Then his injury took longer than expected. After he got back, he never got into a groove. It really is too bad, he would have made a good #5 hitter in the line-up, and he's Canadian to boot. But the team is better off now. Overbay took the role Koskie would have played, and Glaus is a better all-around player.
            It really was too bad the Koskie never hit his stride here in TO. But Overbay is the player we hoped Koskie would be, and even more. I'm glad to have Lyle here.
            WAMCO!

Comment

JP is a great GM, and we should be thankful we've got him.

Certainly one of the smartest and classiest men I've ever known.

Koskie wasn't that great of a deal though...
              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
                Koskie wasn't that great of a deal though...
                Signing him or trading him away?

Comment

I'm gonna say he meant signing him. It was kind of an unlucky break, him getting hurt mid-season. I kind of liked the move purely because of the Canadian content though. Too bad that it didn't work out.
                  WAMCO!

Comment

That's what I figured, but you never know.

Comment

I'm siding with those who believe that he hasn't done anything to rate an 8 yet. If he can get this team to 95+ wins, then I'll rate him higher. Remember, the Jays won 88 games in '98 with a smaller budget.

The Frank Thomas signing was ridiculous. Was any other team offering him anywhere near 9 mil a year? Couldn't we have got him for about 6 mil?

I hope the Jays kick butt this year ... but it's too soon to tell.

Comment

Signing him.
                        Cristobal

Comment

Hey, where did everyone go? I'm not done debating this yet . I won't quit until some of you admit that an "8" is a bit high.

I haven't even got to bring up Chris Carpenter yet!

Comment

He has taken a low team and has made it consist of Glaus, Wells, Thomas, and Rios who can all hit 30 home runs, an 8 is not a bit too high my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado Express
                              Hey, where did everyone go? I'm not done debating this yet . I won't quit until some of you admit that an "8" is a bit high.

I haven't even got to bring up Chris Carpenter yet!
                              You stopped posting about it and it just wasn't as fun without you. As for Carpenter, had he stayed with the Jays he would have been little more than Josh Towers. I don't know why, but he fizzled with the Jays. Going to St. Louis rejuvinated his career. Looking back, it was a terrible move letting him go, but I don't believe he ever would have had this success as a member of the Jays.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X