Who gets to pitch in spots #4 & 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets to pitch in spots #4 & 5?

We all know about the pitching dilemma. Who's gonna get to pitch?

Only pick two.
    Casey Janssen
    20.59%
    Josh Towers
    8.82%
    Shaun Marcum
    26.47%
    John Thomson
    29.41%
    Ty Taubenheim
    5.88%
    Dustin McGowan
    8.82%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 01-10-2007, 11:26 PM.
    WAMCO!

I think it will be a combination of all of the above. As far as who will hold those spots on opening day and who should get the most time in those spots, I think it will be Thompson and Marcum. Those guys seem like the best options right now, but the other guys shouldn't be counted out either.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

That's what I said too. Maybe I am being too hopeful, and seeing a great comeback story in Thomson, when all I should be seeing is a washed-up veteran. But I believe it's the former.

I also think that this could be Marcum's breakout year.

As for the others, I think that Towers and Janssen realistically have shots at it. The other two, IMO, don't. I would like to see McGowan left in the bullpen anyways.
      WAMCO!

Comment

im going to say thomson and jannsen. im not very high on marcum for some reason, id rather see jannsen in the rotation then him.

Comment

I voted for Thompson and Marcum.

Comment

Jannssen did pitch very well for awhile until he sorta lost it and started poorly. It would amlmost be worth it to start Marcum and Jannssen and see if either of them can hold on to it. I like Ty Taubenheim better in the bullpen. He can play a similar role as Scott Downs I figure.

Comment

Having McGowan as an option is ridiculous. McGowan isnt even good enough to start the year in the AAA starting rotation, he is either starting in the AAA bullpen or the AA rotation.

Comment

I knew that you'd appreciate that option .

It looks like Tomo Ohka will be a lock (IMO) for one of the spots. So now it's down to Janssen, Thomson or Marcum (once again, IMO) for the other spot. The rotation is looking pretty good now, with so many decent options available.
                WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by flying27
                  Having McGowan as an option is ridiculous. McGowan isnt even good enough to start the year in the AAA starting rotation, he is either starting in the AAA bullpen or the AA rotation.
                  i love how you just show up and post specifically about how bad mcgowan is. you never talk about a signing or a trade (only potenial mcgowan 'waiver' trades) or the jays winning streak or anything non-mcgowan related. we get it, you think mcgowan sucks and should be playing senior ball somewhere. move on.

Comment

Yeah, at least nominate someone for the Jays HOF we have. Wait that's for Jays fans. Big_Mac is right. I seriously doubt that you're a Jays fan. I think you're more anti-McGowan than you are pro-Jays.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X