Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zambrano and Ohka not reporting to Dunedin because....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zambrano and Ohka not reporting to Dunedin because....

Visa problems!!!!!!

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- By the time pitchers Tomo Ohka and Victor Zambrano are expected to arrive in Florida, perhaps the typical "Florida weather" will have made it back to Toronto's spring site as well.
    Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi, wearing a windbreaker to guard him against the unusually cool temperatures, said that Ohka and Zambrano weren't able to travel to the United States due to visa problems.

This seems to happen often for international players in sports. JP said that they had been throwing at home, so I guess thats the good news out of this. :gt

Comment

Not if it's indoors...

Comment

Never know, maybe Zambrano has an indoor facility.

Nah, I'm sure the Venezuela weather is keeping him in shape.

Comment

And look at us Canadians, it's actually a nice day in Saskatoon right now, eh Reed Johnson??

Comment

Nice day in Saskatoon! During the winter! No such thing...

(I used to live there)

Comment

It's actually sunny, -2 I think no wind, but it's slushy but that's ok cuz it means summer's comin and so are the Jays...and Chiefs.

Comment

I don't think it's been above -10 for a few weeks here in Ontario. But luckily I have baseball every Tuesday in a big HS gym. It gets me by.
                WAMCO!

Comment

well, its only been like -30 here over the last few weeks but it's starting to warm-up.

i hope they get their problems cleared up by the time the games started to be played. Okha's a front-runner for one of the spots and Zambrano is another guy who can maybe come in and battle.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X