NRI list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRI list

Has anyone seen an NRI list for the Jays? I'm heading down the third weekend in February and I'm interested in knowing who's going to be there. Any info/help would be great, thanks!

Sorry for the long answer to reply! I had to figure out what a NRI was first

As far as I know, three for sure. Former all-star pitcher James Baldwin, reliever Ben Weber and catcher Jason Phillips all signed minor league deals with invites. I might have also heard something about Marvin Benard?

There you go, hope that wasnt too late

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
      Has anyone seen an NRI list for the Jays? I'm heading down the third weekend in February and I'm interested in knowing who's going to be there. Any info/help would be great, thanks!
      a more complete list can be found here

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASA...i.jsp?c_id=tor

What do you guys think Ben Webers chances of making the team are? Can Brad Arnsberg fix whatever went wrong with him and help him regain the great stuff he had with the Angels in 02 & 03? Anyone know if his problem(s) are physical or mental?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Chadford
        What do you guys think Ben Webers chances of making the team are? Can Brad Arnsberg fix whatever went wrong with him and help him regain the great stuff he had with the Angels in 02 & 03? Anyone know if his problem(s) are physical or mental?
        Good Question. I doubt he will make the team but if he makes a good impression, i have a feeling he'd be a callup away from the big leagues. He was fantastic in when he was with the Angels. Same with Baldwin, I wonder. He was a former all-star, could he become a spot-starter with the Jays?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
          Good Question. I doubt he will make the team but if he makes a good impression, i have a feeling he'd be a callup away from the big leagues. He was fantastic in when he was with the Angels. Same with Baldwin, I wonder. He was a former all-star, could he become a spot-starter with the Jays?
          I was doing some reading on Baldwin as I couldn't remember him with the White Sox in 2000. In fact the only recognition I have of his name is that he is a part of the N64's All Star Baseball 2000 game (great game, buy the way). Anyway, I found this tidbit online which I thought was funny cause it summed it all up:

"In 2000, he made the All-Star game as a member of the White Sox. Since 2000, his career has faltered."

I guess we'll wait and see!

Comment

you never know with a guy like that. 2000 could have been a very fluky season or maybe he hasn't had great pitching coaches since then and maybe arnsberg can fix him up. either way, it doesn't hurt us to take a chance with it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X