how can hinske help the blue jays what will he play for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can hinske help the blue jays what will he play for us

His production has gone down year after year since his rookie season. He can't even handle the defensive responablities of playing first. Luckily we wont need him to anymore. I guess when looking at hinske i fail to see how he can help our team.

Simply put, Eric Hinske is a versatile player that can play both first and third base without being a liability, and apparently will be tested as a left fielder too. He has decent pop out of his bat but is suspectable against left handed pitching. Most importantly he was rookie of the year just a cople of years ago and could still turn out to be a great player once he finds his niche.

Bear in mind that I'm not making an argument one way or the other; I'm just stating fact.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Basicaly, he can't.
      Him, his huge contract, his declining numbers and strikeout rate are going to seriously hurt the Jays if they retain him.

Biggest waste of money...:radio
      Cristobal

Comment

Theres a reason why the the blue jays traded koskie and not hinske. Hinske is a versatile back up and can back up four positions. He also batted 24hrs in rookie season. If he regains the form of his old swing he can errupt to be a 30hr guy any day. He also is a decent fielder in the positions so all he can do is help us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyballer
          Theres a reason why the the blue jays traded koskie and not hinske. Hinske is a versatile back up and can back up four positions. He also batted 24hrs in rookie season. If he regains the form of his old swing he can errupt to be a 30hr guy any day. He also is a decent fielder in the positions so all he can do is help us.
          Four!!!

He can't play 2nd, short, catcher or the outfield!
          Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
            Four!!!

He can't play 2nd, short, catcher or the outfield!
            http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=tor

Hinske is going to get some playing time in the outfield this year! That's still only 3 positions he can back up. But I guess you could count DH as the 4th...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Chadford
              http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=tor

Hinske is going to get some playing time in the outfield this year! That's still only 3 positions he can back up. But I guess you could count DH as the 4th...
              DH is not a position. People who can't play defense play DH.
              Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                DH is not a position. People who can't play defense play DH.

Kind of like the runner up for AL MVP. Oh wait, that was uncalled for. Anyway, I'm sure if Hinske didn't have such a big price tag attached to him there would be more teams willing to take a chance on Hinske and he'd be better trade bait.
                Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

we traded coskie and not hinske

the reason we traded coskie and not hinske because someone would actually take coskie.
                  I really dont see much value for hinkse. He is a liablaty at third and at first. He cant get balls out of the dirt and he makes many costly throwing errors at third. He strikes out a lot and had a poor average. He can not draw a walk and hit lefities if his life depended on it. I am a blue jays fan, but a hinske fan i am not. Can we at least get rid of him

Comment

umm actually a lot of teams wanted hinske. the orioles definetly wanted him but didn't wanna fork over a good prospect so riccardi went the other way to the brewers. and hinske still can regain his form he once had and he will. His defence has been solid nothing spectacular just solid

Comment

well im only going on what i see

Is he coming in spring training over weight again? Well I guess i can give him one more year, but to be honest with you if he repeats his rookie year that is not enough offensive production for dh-first or 3rd. If he plays left get ready to record some blooper film. All put downs aside I will give you the benifit of the doubt at least for the next comming season. Take it easy guys

Comment

to be perfectly honest hinske has alwayz had great power potential with ability to hit over 30 hrs if he does hit 30hrs this season then i bet none of u will be talkin crap bout how he isn't worth it. We'll c didn't he say he would be working hard in the off season same with hillenbrand.

Comment

The reason we kept Hinske instead of Koskie was not because nobody wanted Hinske, it is because Hisnke is more versitale then Koskie.

Hinske is a guy that can play 1st and 3rd for us and is an above-par defensive player. JP would have dealt Eric if he would have gotten a good prospect in return. Hinske is one of those guys you never know when he might get contagious and break out. I think he just need a good hitting coach too sit down with him 1-one-1 and figure his stroke out. He could be done though and I'm just dreaming.

As for him playing left, I would like too see it. There may be some bad plays too start but Hinske can motor around pretty good for his size and has a good arm and I don't think he would be a huge liabilty out there.

This is his make-or-break year. If his K's go up and BB's go down, he is done in T.O.

Comment

How much we paying hinske?

Comment

Originally posted by Jays4life
                              How much we paying hinske?
                              $4,325,000 in 2006
                              $5,625,000 in 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X