Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluejaysfan
    replied
    The Yankees did grab him off waivers. It appeared at least that he had some promise when we acquired him, but that never came to fruition I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris from NY
    I'm not enitrely certain about this but I think the Yankees plucked him off of waivers right around the time Koskie went on the DL last season.
    thanks chris, i was sort of wondering where he was. the media was saying he could be a quality major league back-up but they were just overhyping him, i always fall for it

Leave a comment:

• Chris from NY
    replied
    I'm not enitrely certain about this but I think the Yankees plucked him off of waivers right around the time Koskie went on the DL last season.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    Chris you are corrected, i heard on TV last night that Guillmeiro would have to clear waivers to be assigned. I think we have seen the last of him a toronto uniform.

and bluejaysfan, i think a team would take a flyer on Quiroz. He has a cannon for an arm and even if he can't hit too well, there are plenty of teams who are looking for a late-inning defensive catcher/back-up and for the price JP would probably be asking (future considerations, cash, player to be named, a minor league filler) i'm sure lot of teams would be interested. but for sure, his health is a major concern and he had a decimal average.

btw, this got me thinking of september call-ups. I was wondering were Eric Crozier is now if anyone knows. We got him for Phelps two years ago from Cleveland. I haven't heard anything about him.

Leave a comment:

• bluejaysfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris from NY
    I was thinking about it and I'm fairly certain Quiroz has to clear waivers before the Jays can reassign him to Triple A. If that is the case the Jays may try and trade Quiroz away rather than risk losing him on waivers.
    I don't know what team would want Quiroz right now coming off of two collapsed lung's and a not so good season last year.

Leave a comment:

• Chris from NY
    replied
    I was thinking about it and I'm fairly certain Quiroz has to clear waivers before the Jays can reassign him to Triple A. If that is the case the Jays may try and trade Quiroz away rather than risk losing him on waivers.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Jays4life
    Rios on Roids would be sick! He would be unstopable!
    Then he would hit 5 home runs in a season

Or he would add those roids to his 30 home run potenial and slug 70

Leave a comment:

• Jays4life
    replied
    Rios on Roids would be sick! He would be unstopable!

Leave a comment:

• Chris from NY
    replied
    P.S. All we need now is to Sign Canseco again! I think we can pick him up for a year in exchange for a crate of Lip Balm!
    And if he doesn't work out we could always find a way to trade him; I hear the Indians are shopping around Rick "Wildthing" Vaughn.
    ......Plus he can teach all the rooks how to juice properly!
    There'd be a new set of bash brothers in the league........Russ Adams and Aaron Hill!

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinyballer
    there are things going around saying that we might go after rocco baldelli or joey gatherit from the devil rays becuz of their heavily stacked outfield they are willing to give that up.
    that would be nice to get a guy like that, espically baldelli, who, imo would be a perfect fit at #2 but I doubt we will get him. I think Riccardi is finally done and we are ready to roll into ST.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome Big_Mac, this is my first forum I have ever joined. But what a great place to start! I had season tickets last year, and I can't wait to renew them again!

P.S. All we need now is to Sign Canseco again! I think we can pick him up for a year in exchange for a crate of Lip Balm! ......Plus he can teach all the rooks how to juice properly!
    That must be nice to have season tickets. Haven't been to SkyDome once before but I'm trying to convince a few of my buddies to head down for opening day.

haha, we could get him for lip balm but all the juice in the world won't help out some of our players.

Leave a comment:

• Jays4life
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome Big_Mac, this is my first forum I have ever joined. But what a great place to start! I had season tickets last year, and I can't wait to renew them again!

P.S. All we need now is to Sign Canseco again! I think we can pick him up for a year in exchange for a crate of Lip Balm! ......Plus he can teach all the rooks how to juice properly!

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    welcome to the boards jays4life!

you hvae the same feeling as me, I cannot wait for the first pitch!

Leave a comment:

• Jays4life
    replied
    I am so happy with the direction JP is taking the Jays. They are finally adding some much needed experience and leadership to this young team. I don't believe they will trade Rios, or I hope not. I believe he will become a fantastic player like Wells. He just needs some time to put on a few pounds of muscle to really start pounding out some big numbers. I remember Wells being a skinny kid when he was in the minors as a Jays top prospect. Rios has a great swing, and it would be a great investment to keep him around. Hillenbran also adds some good depth and reliability to the lineup. I would only give him up if we could improve alittle more in our starting pitchers. Injuries is definitly something we must prepare for within our pitching lineup, and a extra realible arm would really help!

i am so excited about this season that i have goosebumps just thinking about it. So many years I have prayer for miracle rookies to do the jobs of veterans....we finally are getting some much needed depth......Halaluya!

Leave a comment:

• WinnipegJaysFan
    replied
    Great signing! After weeks of rumours, I'm so happy to see this one get done. However I doubt that Guillermo Quiroz and Jason Phillips would say the same.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X