Aussie Signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Signing

Your ball club has just signed a young Aussie left hitting catcher. Details as per the following link:

http://www.baseball.com.au/default.asp?Page=22754
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

seems like a pretty decent young player. DownUnderDodger, have you seen him play before or heard anything about him? You'd obviously know more about him then me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
      have you seen him play before or heard anything about him? You'd obviously know more about him then me.
      Unfortunately the first I had heard of him was whay I read in the article I posted.
      Unless you are directly connected with Baseball in Australia and/or live in a major city and attend games, you see or hear virtually nothing about baseball. It is almost totally ignored by the mainstream media. We have a local competition which has 4 teams and is very low key. I have not been to any games yet (I work a lot on weekends) but hope to be able to catch some to see what the standard is like (quite low I believe).

All the info I receive is thru the Australian Baseball Federation website www.baseball.com.au which is the only way to keep up to date with the game in this country!
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger
        Unfortunately the first I had heard of him was whay I read in the article I posted.
        Unless you are directly connected with Baseball in Australia and/or live in a major city and attend games, you see or hear virtually nothing about baseball. It is almost totally ignored by the mainstream media. We have a local competition which has 4 teams and is very low key. I have not been to any games yet (I work a lot on weekends) but hope to be able to catch some to see what the standard is like (quite low I believe).

All the info I receive is thru the Australian Baseball Federation website www.baseball.com.au which is the only way to keep up to date with the game in this country!

ahhhh, well, thanks for breaking the news to us and for the website, i'm always interested about baseball in other countries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X