Blue Jays Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Jays Trivia

I figure that there won't be much to talk about here over the offseason, so I thought I'd start up some Jays Trivia. I'll throw out the first question.

With the signing of David Eckstein, '06 World Series MVP, the Blue Jays now have 6 guys with post-season experience. Try to name the other 5. And to make it interesting, don't look it up on the web. Try to figure it out yourself.
    WAMCO!

I know Gregg Zaun, Troy Glaus and probably A.J. Burnett...are the other two Frank Thomas and Marco Scutaro?

Comment

You got 4/5. AJ Burnett didn't get through April in 2003 with the Marlins (that was the year he had the Tommy John surgery).

So we have: Eckstein, Glaus, Scutaro, Thomas, Zaun (surprised you got that one so quick) and... ???.
      WAMCO!

Comment

I remember Stairs getting in with the Sox, he got 1 at bat and he struck out lol. I couldn't tell ya the other one.

Comment

Yeah, I think it must have been Matt Stairs. He would've been my next guess, he played with a lot of teams.

Comment

Yup. Stairs played with the Sox and A's (at least).

So who's next? Anyone got a good question?
            WAMCO!

Comment

Three former Toronto Blue Jays are now in the Hall of Fame. Name them and the team they each entered the Hall as a member of. (None of them entered as Blue Jays.)
              Last edited by Chris from NY; 12-18-2007, 09:04 PM.
              Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Molitor with Milwaukee, Winfield as a Padre and Nierko as a Brave.

I know the first two are right and i'm pretty sure Nierko is in but not 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac View Post
                  Molitor with Milwaukee, Winfield as a Padre and Nierko as a Brave.
                  You are correct.
                  Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

In 1993, three Blue Jays finished 1-2-3 in batting in the AL. (This was the first time this had happened in 100 years.) Name the players and the order they finished in.

Comment

I know that Olerud was the one that won the batting title, and I think that Roberto Alomar came second. I'm having trouble with the third guy though...

EDIT: Right after I hit 'submit' it came to me. Paul Molitor. But I'm not entirely sure whether it was Alomar-Molitor or vice-versa. I'll go with my initial order: 1. Olerud 2. Alomar 3. Molitor
                      Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 12-19-2007, 02:02 PM.
                      WAMCO!

Comment

Sorry, you got the right players, but the order is wrong.

Comment

Molitar, Alomar, Olerud.

Comment

Sorry, still not right. It was Olerud(.363), Molitor(.332) then Alomar(.326)

OK, here's another one: 5 different Blue Jay pitchers have won 20 games in a season, and only one has done it twice. Who are they?
                            Last edited by gojays; 12-19-2007, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Wow, what are the odds I would get every single one wrong.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X