• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Counts!
    replied
    Originally posted by MarinersOrJays View Post
    Lamp (11-0)?
    Yep. Did you remember, or did you have to look it up?

Leave a comment:

• MarinersOrJays
    replied
    Lamp (11-0)?

Leave a comment:

• Defense Counts!
    replied
    Love this thread! I actually know many of the answers without looking them up.

Which Blue Jay reliever holds the ML record for most wins in a season without a loss?

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by cdn_ball View Post
    RH Phoenix... Moo U = Guelph?
    Bingo. With the wind coming in strong from the west, most of the campus smells like manure.

Leave a comment:

• cdn_ball
    replied
    Dave Lemanchuck? Or however you spell his last name. Maybe? He's the only pitcher I know from the 77 roster so I thought I would take a shot.
    RH Phoenix... Moo U = Guelph?

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    replied
    Now that the Halladay hype is over, I've been reading old threads. Gotta do something to keep busy for the next 49 days...

I thought some of our newer members might enjoy this thread from a while ago. There's still a question waiting to be answered.

Leave a comment:

• gojays
    replied
    Originally posted by robby View Post
    First and only double header was against the California Angels. The Jays were still housed in Exhibition Stadium for the first half of the 1989 season, and on May 7, had a game with the Angels rained out.

The Angels weren't scheduled for a return trip to Toronto until after the festive, early-June opening of the SkyDome. So the clubs played a makeup doubleheader on July 17, which the Blue Jays swept.

I remember seeing Jim Abbott below me warming up in bull pen. Pretty amazing individual.

Go Jays, I know Bill Singer got the Save,
    I should know the Starting Pitcher
    Sorry, robby, but Bill Singer actually started the game, and was pulled before getting the win.

Leave a comment:

• robby
    replied
    First and only double header was against the California Angels. The Jays were still housed in Exhibition Stadium for the first half of the 1989 season, and on May 7, had a game with the Angels rained out.

The Angels weren't scheduled for a return trip to Toronto until after the festive, early-June opening of the SkyDome. So the clubs played a makeup doubleheader on July 17, which the Blue Jays swept.

I remember seeing Jim Abbott below me warming up in bull pen. Pretty amazing individual.

Go Jays, I know Bill Singer got the Save,
    I should know the Starting Pitcher

Leave a comment:

• gojays
    replied
    In the first ever Blue Jays game, what Jay pitcher picked up the win?
    Bonus: Name the two other pitchers who got the loss and the save.
    Last edited by gojays; 02-11-2008, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    i think i can remember now, was it cleveland? if not, you got me

Leave a comment:

• robby
    replied
    not the Tigers or Brewers. Are we ready for the answer of the first and I think only Double Header at the SkyDome?

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Hill Phoenix
    replied
    First game at SkyDome: June 5th 1989 vs/ Milwaukee Brewers.

Leave a comment:

• aqib
    replied
    I think it was June, say the 3rd? I am going to guess Detroit was the opponent.

Leave a comment:

• robby
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome Big Mac, good to be amongst fellow Blue Jay fans. It isn't the White Sox.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by robby View Post
    I was at this game, who did the Jays play at the only double header at the skydome?
    robby, first off, welcome to the boards.

to answer your question i'm going to guess the Chicago White Sox? i really don't have a clue.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X