Who would you rather have as DH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you rather have as DH?

This is a simple question that I found i was asking myself as I watched Frank strike as the tying run in the 8th. Would the Blue Jays be better without frank Thomas? I mention Troy Glaus because we all know how well he can hit. his biggest problem last season was the foot injury. I think if he was the full time DH, he would have been able to put up numbers similar to his first season with the Blue Jays.
    Frank Thomas
    68.75%
    Troy Glaus
    12.50%
    Neither
    18.75%
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

As a Twins fan, I'd rather see Glaus batting than Thomas.

Glaus career vs Twins: .260 BA, .345 OBP, .449 SLG.

Thomas career vs Twins: .295 BA, .386 OBP, .600 SLG.

Granted, most of Thomas' damage came during his prime with the White Sox, but I'm still scared of him.

Comment

I've gotta say that the Thomas signing was a bad one, simply because it was forseeable that Glaus wouldn't be able to play the field for too much longer. The fact that we had Frank signed for another year (probably two) made it impossible to put Glaus in at DH. And since Glaus was the more tradable commodity, he's the one who got dealt.

Kind of a snafu by JP.
      WAMCO!

Comment

I'd probably take Thomas as DH. He's generally a better average hitter and he still has the power that Glaus has IMO. Once Thomas gets going, he can stay hotter and produce longer without falling into slumps. Though it did take him a long time to get started last year.

Comment

Looks like you will now have to choose without either one.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X