Your Blue Jays line-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Blue Jays line-up

With some changes being made and some different batting orders being used this year, what would your line-up look like?

Here's mine:

Alex Rios
    Aaron Hill
    Lyle Overbay
    Scott Rolen
    Vernon Wells
    Matt Stairs
    Adam Lind
    Greg Zaun
    David Eckstein

Some notes on my decisions:
    Alex Rios has the speed and the pop to really give a boost to start the game. Also, the lead-off hitter should get the most at-bats.

Vernon Wells batting 5th because he can provide protection for Rolen and have some from Stairs if Matty can do what he did last year.

Eckstein last not because he's doing bad, but because of Rios being first, once we get to the bottom Eckstein can set it up again for Rios to come up.

I like the look of that lineup, but I think I'd want a guy like Eckstein getting more AB's than the #9 would get. I'd go with something like this (similar to what I posted in the season thread):
    1. Rios
    2. Eckstein
    3. Overbay
    4. Rolen
    5. Stairs
    6. Wells
    7. Hill
    8. Lind
    9. Zaun/Barajas
    Or, if OVerbay's struggling (or it's against a lefty) maybe something like this:
    1. Rios
    2. Eckstein
    3. Wells
    4. Stairs
    5. Rolen
    6. Hill
    7. Barajas
    8. Lind
    9. Zaun
    You could also flip Rios and Eckstein, as both are good spark plug type players.

I like the idea of batting Wells 5th, as it spreads the speed through the lineup, and might take the pressure off him to produce in the high-pressure situations.
    WAMCO!

Comment

Eckstein
      Wells
      Rios
      Rolen
      Stairs
      Hill
      Overbay
      Lind
      Zaun

Comment