No announcement yet.

why cant the jays make a move for lugo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adams will come back up as a second baseman and he will be fine there and hill has very good range it seems where ever he plays.

Originally posted by ricky151
    of time in the begining of the year wich you may forget or choose not to remember. So lugo has more steals than any jay and with far less at bats.. thanks for proving my point.
    mute point. the jays hardly run at all so i never consider base-stealing as a factor in making a trade.

Comment

First thing. I dont get how your okay with the jays picking up a lemon in bernet for a hefty contract.
      burnett's signing paved the way for bj ryan and troy glaus to come here and it is always better to be safe then sorry. bring him back when he is 1000000%. we cant afford to go into september with him on the dl.

Secondly remember i said adams is not a valid ss. Well guess what i was right and where is he now????
      in the minor. I would exept some sort of yeah your right in a reply now. Please admit that you were wrong about lugo and i will feel better.
      adams is in the minors working on a new position and getting his bat back. i really dont know why you want to get rid of this guy with an unlimited hitting potenial.

Why cant you guys get it we are a contender we need to win now. As much as i like to see it don think we can afford to keep an alstar team like the redsox and yankees around for long.
      We have ryan, burnett, overbay, glaus, halladay all under for a long time and these guys are in their prime and have 3-4 years left before they started going downhill. this isnt like the jays are taking one stab at it this year. we will be a contender for a couple years atlease.

I am not doubting that mcowan could be a decent pitcher some day, but you have to know he is a long way from that.
      he is but he will be a decent pitcher someday and we have be patient. we dont need him currently and anyone who that throws smoke like that, we have to wait em out.

They jays have been horrible in the steal department for many years why would you regect filling a weakness that is very evident in our team.
      they aren't horrible, they just never run. there is a difference. johnson, wells, rois could all steal 20 bags if they got the steal sign enough but thats not how the jays play.

Comment

unlimited hitting potential

unlimited hitting potential, you guys make me laugh. When you seen arod in his rookie year as a 30-30 guys. I would think that is unlimited hitting potential. Russ adams will never hit 20 dingers in a season let alone steal 10 bases.

you guys think he is a good young ss like. b crosby, j reyes, j rollins, k green,
        i would take any of those guys over him. if you would not then your nuts

Comment

ok

one other coment about the steals thing. Your saying if we had chone figgins or carl crawford we would only let then steal 1o basese. I seriously think that your wrong.

Comment

Your saying if we had chone figgins or carl crawford we would only let then steal 1o basese. I seriously think that your wrong.
            i never did say that but we arent taking about choen figgins or carl crawford. we are taking about julio lugo. the jays might alter their philosphy for a guy liek figgins but not for an average player like lugo

Comment

one other coment about the steals thing. Your saying if we had chone figgins or carl crawford we would only let then steal 1o basese. I seriously think that your wrong.
              If the Jays had Crawford or Figgins they would steal as much as they were asked to, just the same as any of the guys on the roster now.
              Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

wow some ppl just dont know baseball

so your saying if the jays had ricky henderson in his hay day on our roster he would only steal 20 bases a year.. or we would only let him steal that much. If thats not bad coaching and not taking advantage of your assests then i dont know what is.

i dont know why i bother in this form they think a guy like lugo that bats 300 and steals and plays good defence is a bad base ball player and a poor lead of man. Pppl in this forum priase a guy that cant throw the ball hits 229 and cant play defence, incase u need to know his name its russ adams.

lugo = very good ss
                r adams = crap

i dare you to compare these players and try and tell me that russ adams helps our team now more then lugo does.

Comment

so your saying if the jays had ricky henderson in his hay day on our roster he would only steal 20 bases a year.. or we would only let him steal that much. If thats not bad coaching and not taking advantage of your assests then i dont know what is.

i dont know why i bother in this form they think a guy like lugo that bats 300 and steals and plays good defence is a bad base ball player and a poor lead of man. Pppl in this forum priase a guy that cant throw the ball hits 229 and cant play defence, incase u need to know his name its russ adams.

lugo = very good ss
                  r adams = crap

i dare you to compare these players and try and tell me that russ adams helps our team now more then lugo does.
                  We will start listening to you once you have fixed your grammar/spelling! It is worse then mine and I suck at grammar!

Comment

I don't know why you bother in this forum either!! You bring nothing to it and you won't be missed.
                    Are you not able to see that your adverse caustic way of communicating is contrary to any that I have seen in BBF on any forum?
                    Go away!!
                    Last edited by starkeeper; 07-01-2006, 03:59 AM.

Comment

right now, i agree, lugo is a better player. but tell me ricky, a few years from now, who will be better? i think we all learned from alex rois that patience is an amazing thing. and for the 100th time i have said to you or other people that this isn't a one year kick at the can for toronto. we got guys here for the next 2-3-4 years to compete. look at alot of players and it usually takes guys two full big league seasons to get in the groove of things (rois and lots of others). this is adams second full season, next year will be his breaking year and if he isn't cutting it after may next season, lets look for a replacement. but right now, adams is hurting us that bad (losing us games single-handedly) that we need to say, let's get rid of the guy.

anyways, i done talking about this topic as i have stated point after point and repeated them some more.

Comment

Originally posted by WinnipegJaysFan
                        I'd absolutely snap if the Jays traded McGowan for Julio Lugo! You don't trade a young former first-round pitcher who can hit 98 MPH for an average at best SS.
                        The Jays have no use for Dustin McGowan. They have Burnett, Chacin, Halladay, in the rotation for the next several years, Janssen and Taubenheim have both blown past McGowan, Davis Romero and Ricky Romero are both close to passing him, there is the possability of signing free agent pitchers or trading for one. McGowan will never make it to the Jays, or atleast not until 2011 or something. He is worthless to the team, of course you trade him for a decent shortstop like Lugo if you get the chance. If I heard about that trade I would do a happy dance.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X