Why is attendance so low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is attendance so low?

I saw there was only 15K or so last night. I mean we are a real playoff contender right now, why aren't more people coming out? I don't expect 50K a night like the old days but 25K?

Attendance will go up in the summer and averagae attendance will go up once they play the Sox and Yanks more. They've only seen each team once.

Also, Paul Beeston said before the season that they would start annoucing the real attendance numbers, instead of inflated ones like they may have done in the past.

Comment

It's because Big Mac and I don't live in Ontario.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY View Post
        It's because Big Mac and I don't live in Ontario.
        maybe we'll rent an apartment there in august together

Comment

its a ressecion, attendance is down for most teams

Comment

Maybe we should rename the Team the Maple Leafs.

Then we will have 100,000 people lined up to get in willing to pay $200 for the 500 section

Comment

Originally posted by conky149er View Post
              its a ressecion, attendance is down for most teams
              True but I was under the assumption the recession was relatively mild in Canada vs here.

Comment

Because this team sucks, and our GM is an idiot. The Jays haven't shown any commitment to putting a winning team together.

Comment

I think after watching today's game we have a pretty good idea why...
                  http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

I think that once the Blue Jays fire JP Riccardi and his fascist regime that he's had on the Blue Jays attendance might get better.

Maybe Shea Hillenbrand was right this is a sinking ship from the maniac mind of our general manager.

Comment

Originally posted by tony67 View Post
                      Because this team sucks, and our GM is an idiot. The Jays haven't shown any commitment to putting a winning team together.
                      Exactly. The only thing MLSE cares about is making a buck - they'll put out garbage teams as long as their bottom line is met.

It's funny how they can spin this whole "Trade Halladay for the future" BS - when it's nothing more than a money drop. And people eat it up.
                      This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

Originally posted by RaoulDuke View Post
                        Exactly. The only thing MLSE cares about is making a buck - they'll put out garbage teams as long as their bottom line is met.

It's funny how they can spin this whole "Trade Halladay for the future" BS - when it's nothing more than a money drop. And people eat it up.
                        Just for the record, Rogers owns the Jays, not MLSE. But just substitute one company for the other and the statement holds true.

There has been much written about this, the fact that since Ted Rogers died there has seemingly been no clear direction with this team. They have an interim president who has been here almost a year, and no one knows if the GM has any real power left. Is he being told what to do by the board at Rogers? By Beeston? Making his own decisions willy nilly? And are they going for it next year? Gah, who knows...

Stephen Brunt had a good article a few days ago, in which he stated that this is the reason the NFL does not allow corporate ownership - large companies will view their franchise as just another branch of the business, that above all needs to remain profitable. Bang on SB, bang on.
                        WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
                          Just for the record, Rogers owns the Jays, not MLSE. But just substitute one company for the other and the statement holds true.

There has been much written about this, the fact that since Ted Rogers died there has seemingly been no clear direction with this team. They have an interim president who has been here almost a year, and no one knows if the GM has any real power left. Is he being told what to do by the board at Rogers? By Beeston? Making his own decisions willy nilly? And are they going for it next year? Gah, who knows...

Stephen Brunt had a good article a few days ago, in which he stated that this is the reason the NFL does not allow corporate ownership - large companies will view their franchise as just another branch of the business, that above all needs to remain profitable. Bang on SB, bang on.
                          And thats why the NFL is the healtiest sports league in the world

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X