Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many People are active?

Hey,

I am new here and am very optimistic that this will be a very good forum!

I managed 1500 posts in 1 year on my Hockey forum, but have noticed we seem a little light in the Jays section

I was just wondering if you all can give a quick reply so I know who the regular posters are here :crossfingers:

Im quite a bit over the summer due to baseball but there are quite a few us that are active on a regular basis. Chris from NY, babagonosh and Richmond Hill Phoenix are very active and there are many more who contribute (apoligize to those whos names i didnt mention, your names escape me). Great to see you join up and hopefully you stay active, we love the discussion.

Comment

I try to be active, but my activity drops off when I'm in school (which unfortunately, I'm in right now). In about a month or so I'll probably be around more often...but that won't mean too much because the season almost ends. But yeah, there's a few of us here and sometimes other members who support other teams poke their heads in here as well.

Comment

Hey Woodman,

I'm the mod here, although with my level of participation lately it must be hard to tell...

The thing with the Jays forum, is that for the past several years it has been tough to write about this crappy franchise. It starts in the spring with the typical optimism that we all carry through the off-season. We hype up prospects, and tell ourselves over and over that Vernon Wells' good years WEREN'T a product of being protected by Carlos Delgado (and they weren't... we hope). We might get hot for the first few months, and traffic here picks up! Wow, June and we're still in the race!

But then a 9-game losing streak happens. Or Vernon Wells breaks his wrist, ending his chances of putting together a decent season. Or Halladay shatters his shin bone. Or you lose your two best young starters and your $55 million closer. Regardless, it all goes to pot.

And then we're left with Chris from NY, Big Mac (who have been here longer than I), aqib, babaganoosh, History of Baseball Fan, topherkris and a few others (as I said, I haven't been all that active myself, so apologies for missing anyone with this list). It's been somewhat more active here in July than it normally would be, because of all the Halladay craziness. But that is hopefully a decent description of the Jays forum. Those I've mentionned may tell you differently though.

Anyway, hopefully with more interested Jays fans like yourself we can throw the optimism machine into 6th gear this off season, and convince ourselves that 2010 is the year!

Good to have you Woodman, I'm Geoff by the way.
        WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
          Hey Woodman,

I'm the mod here, although with my level of participation lately it must be hard to tell...

The thing with the Jays forum, is that for the past several years it has been tough to write about this crappy franchise. It starts in the spring with the typical optimism that we all carry through the off-season. We hype up prospects, and tell ourselves over and over that Vernon Wells' good years WEREN'T a product of being protected by Carlos Delgado (and they weren't... we hope). We might get hot for the first few months, and traffic here picks up! Wow, June and we're still in the race!

But then a 9-game losing streak happens. Or Vernon Wells breaks his wrist, ending his chances of putting together a decent season. Or Halladay shatters his shin bone. Or you lose your two best young starters and your $55 million closer. Regardless, it all goes to pot.

And then we're left with Chris from NY, Big Mac (who have been here longer than I), aqib, babaganoosh, History of Baseball Fan, topherkris and a few others (as I said, I haven't been all that active myself, so apologies for missing anyone with this list). It's been somewhat more active here in July than it normally would be, because of all the Halladay craziness. But that is hopefully a decent description of the Jays forum. Those I've mentionned may tell you differently though.

Anyway, hopefully with more interested Jays fans like yourself we can throw the optimism machine into 6th gear this off season, and convince ourselves that 2010 is the year!

Good to have you Woodman, I'm Geoff by the way.
          Nice to meet you Geoff

I would like to talk Jays every single day, win or lose!

We shouldnt have to be a bandwagon team to have discussion. Im all about young players and have the patience to rebuild. These are exciting times for me. Either we are doing well and competing for a playoff spot, or we are bringing up kids and watching them grow!

Toronto needs more fans like this, otherwise the fan support will erode and we will be forced to do what expo's management did

Comment

Geoff and Big mac both put me first on their lists and I respond by not posting for a week! I'm totally not worthy. Not my fault, Been a crazy week. But now I moslty have nothing better to do than flood this forum with posts for the next week. Well, It's either that or sleep. Precious, precious sleep.

On second thought, screw it. Sleep is for the week.

I'm Chris from NY by the way. Although that doesn't really tell you anything about me because my name isn't Chris and I'm not from New York. Nor have I ever been for that matter.

And yeah, we're a pretty good forum. No bad apples anymore. Our problem is we can never have any good discussions. If you look back at old forums, you'll fund that someone will make a very long post and then the rest of us will reply by saying: "I agree" and then the thread will die. Personally, my post count would be much hihger if I stopped being Geoff and Big Mac's yesman.
            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY View Post
              Geoff and Big mac both put me first on their lists and I respond by not posting for a week! I'm totally not worthy. Not my fault, Been a crazy week. But now I moslty have nothing better to do than flood this forum with posts for the next week. Well, It's either that or sleep. Precious, precious sleep.

On second thought, screw it. Sleep is for the week.

I'm Chris from NY by the way. Although that doesn't really tell you anything about me because my name isn't Chris and I'm not from New York. Nor have I ever been for that matter.

And yeah, we're a pretty good forum. No bad apples anymore. Our problem is we can never have any good discussions. If you look back at old forums, you'll fund that someone will make a very long post and then the rest of us will reply by saying: "I agree" and then the thread will die. Personally, my post count would be much hihger if I stopped being Geoff and Big Mac's yesman.
              Well, I happen to be a Devils advocate most of the time for the sake of getting a good arguement going. For example. I will start a thread we can go back and forth on now

Comment

Just thought I would say, We have been very active the past 2 weeks!

Good job, Its nice to come on here and find stuff to discuss on a daily basis :gt

Comment

Originally posted by Woodman19 View Post
                  Just thought I would say, We have been very active the past 2 weeks!

Good job, Its nice to come on here and find stuff to discuss on a daily basis :gt
                  Yeah, I'm new on board here, but I think I'll contribute regularly. I used to only really frequent the HOF Current Events, and History Threads; but I'm a Jays fan so what the hell.

I actually grew up in Eastern Ontario and have lived in T.O. for 12 years or so. I grew up on the Blue Jays. Ever since I was 3 I wanted to be a professional baseball player, and I got as high as being drafted in the low rounds in 1994. Although that didn't pan out, I've watched countless games since an early age and remain an avid fan. I always wished I could become a GM or scout but alas, i'm part of the common folk in society.

At least I can be an armchair GM with a high degree of baseball intellect from the sidelines. Look forward to chiming in regularly with opinions or to shoot the $hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan View Post
                    Yeah, I'm new on board here, but I think I'll contribute regularly. I used to only really frequent the HOF Current Events, and History Threads; but I'm a Jays fan so what the hell.

I actually grew up in Eastern Ontario and have lived in T.O. for 12 years or so. I grew up on the Blue Jays. Ever since I was 3 I wanted to be a professional baseball player, and I got as high as being drafted in the low rounds in 1994. Although that didn't pan out, I've watched countless games since an early age and remain an avid fan. I always wished I could become a GM or scout but alas, i'm part of the common folk in society.

At least I can be an armchair GM with a high degree of baseball intellect from the sidelines. Look forward to chiming in regularly with opinions or to shoot the $hit.
                    Wow tahts quite an accomplishment to be drafted period, regardless of where it is.

Why dont you go look to be a professional scout? It would help you get into the management side of the business. I too would love to get into the management aspect of baseball as I find it academically as well as personally stimulating going over so many options and plans. It is quite hard though unless you know somebody

Comment

Wow tahts quite an accomplishment to be drafted period, regardless of where it is.

Why dont you go look to be a professional scout? It would help you get into the management side of the business. I too would love to get into the management aspect of baseball as I find it academically as well as personally stimulating going over so many options and plans. It is quite hard though unless you know somebody
                      That ship has sailed for me Woodman. Im nearing my mid 30's and its too late to start now. I wouldn't want to take on the sacrifices needed, in terms of pay & travel, at this point in my life. Even if this could even have been done, I should have started much earlier.

I'll just have to weigh-in with my two cents from the peanut gallery :twocents:

Comment

That ship has sailed for me Woodman. Im nearing my mid 30's and its too late to start now. I wouldn't want to take on the sacrifices needed, in terms of pay & travel, at this point in my life. Even if this could even have been done, I should have started much earlier.

I'll just have to weigh-in with my two cents from the peanut gallery :twocents:
                        Its never to late man, If you get your foot in the door and do a good job, moving up will provide you very generous rewards both monetary and in feeling of accomplishment.

The Reason I want to one day be a GM is because I believe I could be one of the best management minds in the sport and I want to prove to myself that I am. If I can accomplish that, then its like I just accomplished my dream

Comment

Its never to late man, If you get your foot in the door and do a good job, moving up will provide you very generous rewards both monetary and in feeling of accomplishment.

The Reason I want to one day be a GM is because I believe I could be one of the best management minds in the sport and I want to prove to myself that I am. If I can accomplish that, then its like I just accomplished my dream
                          How old are you anyway?

As for me, I just don't want to sacrifice at this point. It may not be too late theoretically, but it's practically too late in terms of where I am in life (family etc). Good luck to you however, thats quite an ambitious goal you have there.

Comment

I'll try to keep active in this section more. I'm a Yankees fan, but watch countless Jays games a year being in Canada - and besides NY the only team I could get behind.

They're also a great team to complain about.
                            This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

How old are you anyway?

As for me, I just don't want to sacrifice at this point. It may not be too late theoretically, but it's practically too late in terms of where I am in life (family etc). Good luck to you however, thats quite an ambitious goal you have there.
                              im 23 lol.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X