Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Rios Claimed on Waivers

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=287046
    This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

I heard that on the Radio on the way home.

I hope we can swing a deal for a few good prospects, I certainly wont miss his salary next year.

Comment

It would make sense to just get rid of him. It will free up a lot of cash to spend on a better player ! He hasn't made any progress since his great 2007 season. It kind makes that season look like a fluke...
      http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

This is a non-story. Everyone goes on waivers this time of year, and a few guys inevitably get leaked.
        WAMCO!

Comment

OK, losing him for nothing sucks.

I guess the saved $60 million will be spent elsewhere, I hope...

Comment

Don't bet on it, they'll fill small gaps and try to sell it off to the fans - like MLSE does with the Leafs.

Comment

Apparently the White Sox were willing to send us Josh Field only if we were willing to eat up a big portion of the White Sox salary

Comment

wow, we gave him away for free

wow, just wow JP

wow

wow

wow

first with Frank Thomas, could have traded BJ Ryan for a prospect and now this

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Woodman19 View Post
                  Apparently the White Sox were willing to send us Josh Field only if we were willing to eat up a big portion of the White Sox salary
                  It's not that, which would concern me if I was a Jays fan. It's the fact that last year JP was turning down some pretty solid offers for Rios, namely from San Francisco and Houston - then less than a year later gives him away for free.

Terrible foresight.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodman19 View Post
                    OK, losing him for nothing sucks.

I guess the saved $60 million will be spent elsewhere, I hope...

Yeah lets have JP give out more contracts that can backfire on us and then you can stick up for him again.

Comment

Originally posted by RaoulDuke View Post
                      It's not that, which would concern me if I was a Jays fan. It's the fact that last year JP was turning down some pretty solid offers for Rios, namely from San Francisco and Houston - then less than a year later gives him away for free.

Terrible foresight.
                      Well, it is alot easier to be a good GM with hindsight

Comment

What the hell are they thinking?

Getting raid of a player to cut money is one thing but to give away a player of his talent for nothing should pess off you Jays fans and it really is shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by 645 View Post
                          What the hell are they thinking?

Getting raid of a player to cut money is one thing but to give away a player of his talent for nothing should pess off you Jays fans and it really is shocking.
                          its not a happy moment

but the White Sox were asking for us to pay half his salary in order to trade us anything back. Im sorry, but no unproven prospects or young players are worth giving $30 Million for

Comment

It was a good move for the Jays if they do plan on overhauling for the future. To clear up that much salary can be key in the offseason - attracting players to Toronto is the bigger issue.

Too bad they can't do the same with Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by conky149er View Post
                              wow, we gave him away for free

wow, just wow JP

wow

wow

wow

first with Frank Thomas, could have traded BJ Ryan for a prospect and now this

wow
                              Thomas was washed up anyways, but his was more of a salary dump too and we couldn't even give BJ Ryan away...

If Rios was making $5 million a year instead of an average of about $10 million, I wouldn't be complaining about him so much, but this money saved will probably be used to resign Scutaro and Barajas. Snider will also replace replace Rios, so with that $10 million a year saved, so we might even have Lind, Snider, Scutaro and Barajas all combined making roughly $10 million or less. I thought all of that was great until I remember that we still owe BJ Ryan $10 million next year... :ooo:
                              http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X