No announcement yet.

Alex Rios Claimed on Waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I decided to go back and see if JP's history with the team really made him out to be as horrible as we all make him out to be, he proves us 100% right. This is stupid. You can spin it how you want and try to say it makes sense salary wise or whatever, but get SOMETHING back for him,. Anything really. Ugh!
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
      This is a non-story. Everyone goes on waivers this time of year, and a few guys inevitably get leaked.
      Foot--->Mouth

But seriously, we all know Rios is now going to regain his abilities and become a star in Chicago. It's inevitable, the change of environment will make him into a better player. But if we had kept him here he would have just gotten worse an worse, so what can you do...

The funny thing is, you can say "Oh great, we have all this money to commit to other players". But the jays are now showing that they're not so good at the "commitment" part. Cutting ties with Thomas, BJ and now Rios might send a negative message to people thinking of signing here, especially if they have kids and other things in their lives that make it so they would like to settle down somewhere.
      WAMCO!

Comment

BTW. MLBTradeRumors is noting in a short bullet point that:

Some of Alex Rios' former teammates question the outfielder's work ethic and desire

So, in honor of our man Alex Rios being essentially released from the team, I present a video of Rios stiffing a kid for an autograph then yelling obscenities at the dad (or fan).

http://www.youtube.com/results?featu...rch_type=&aq=f

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
          Foot--->Mouth

But seriously, we all know Rios is now going to regain his abilities and become a star in Chicago. It's inevitable, the change of environment will make him into a better player. But if we had kept him here he would have just gotten worse an worse, so what can you do...

The funny thing is, you can say "Oh great, we have all this money to commit to other players". But the jays are now showing that they're not so good at the "commitment" part. Cutting ties with Thomas, BJ and now Rios might send a negative message to people thinking of signing here, especially if they have kids and other things in their lives that make it so they would like to settle down somewhere.
          As long as you offer the big $$$$ they will come. If Thomas, BJ and Rios were actually earning their money, they wouldn't have been cut loose. If we sign some good free agents and they actually play well and earn their money, there is no reason to get rid of them. I complain about Wells a lot, but if he was hitting on or about .300 with 30 or so HRs and 100 or so RBI and 20-30 SB, I wouldn't be so annoyed with him. Even with those stats, he would not be worth $20 million a year, but I could live with it at least...
          http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X