Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Jays go after an OF this offseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woodman19 View Post
    I recall Halladay stating money wasnt the issue. He would only sign here if he thought he had some hope of winning.
    Yeah, it definitely is the most important thing. He will command 20M per season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Armster View Post
      Yeah, it definitely is the most important thing. He will command 20M per season though.
      Luckily BJ Ryan's contract (10 Million) and Lyle Overbay (7 Mil) will be coming off the books freeing up 17 million

that along with the fact Halladay's contract next season is only 15.25 million would mean it would only cost us an extra 5 million. Thus freeing up a total of 12 Million.

Comment

Ryan's contract is on the books for the next couple of seasons still. Rios' contract is gone though.

Comment

Ryan's contract is on the books for the next couple of seasons still. Rios' contract is gone though.
          I think next year is the final year of his 5 year contract and he's getting $10 million for doing nothing !
          http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

Originally posted by History Of Baseball Fan View Post
            I think next year is the final year of his 5 year contract and he's getting $10 million for doing nothing !
            exactly right

Comment

Originally posted by History Of Baseball Fan View Post
              Wait he's pitching for the Cubs farm team isn't he:applaud:

Comment

As for Roenicke, I will admit I have heard mixed reports. He may or not ever play in the majors kind of a boom or bust. Stewart was the major card in the deal and has all of the tools to become the next closer.
                I believe he's projected to be a starter though (Stewart). Last I heard they were still planning on moving him into the rotation next year.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh View Post
                  I believe he's projected to be a starter though (Stewart). Last I heard they were still planning on moving him into the rotation next year.
                  Yes, he should be a starter. His stuff is good enough and he has enough of a pitch selection to be good for more then one inning, especially with his deadly sinker ball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X