Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double A's plans

Just a few short little notes from it:

Second baseman Aaron Hill will not play shortstop. The Jays will try to deal for a replacement for free-agent Marco Scutaro, if he fails to return.
    DH Adam Lind will not move to first, unless the Jays make another move -- in other words, complete that discussed trade of Lyle Overbay to the Arizona Diamondbacks for catcher Chris Snyder which, as of last night, appeared to be on hold.
    Anthopoulos didn't give an exact number for the Jays team payroll for 2010, but said Rogers Communications would give him money down the road, which "certainly can be up there with Anaheim, the Chicagos and even with Boston."
    "I know that everything we will do will be obviously to improve the team, but it won't be the quick fix, or it won't be to sacrifice the ability to have a long, sustained run of success here," Anthopoulos said on a conference call ahead of his first general managers' meetings, which start Monday in Chicago. "We're not going to put all our eggs in one basket ... for one year at taking a shot at success and then sacrificing four years down the road."

"There are several players I'd be very reluctant to trade. That being said, I have to be open-minded to anything that could make this club better going forward," said Anthopoulos, adding later that: "(Halladay) stressed his timeline for winning and ours may not mesh and may not match."
    For the last one, that basically means say goodbye to Halladay and start preparing for the future.

Any chance fof delaying the inevitable and holding onto him until the deadline? I still quiver at the idea that we've seen him pitch his last game as a Toronto Blue Jay.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X