Inglett claimed off waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inglett claimed off waivers

The Texas Rangers announced that the club has acquired infielder Joe Inglett on a waiver claim from Toronto.

Inglett is now on the Rangers’ 40-man roster.

The 31-year-old Inglett batted .281 (25-89) with 4 doubles, one triple, and 6 RBI in 36 games for the Blue Jays in 2009. He has a career .293 average in 211 games with Cleveland (2006) and Toronto (2007-09). Inglett has made big league starts at second base, third base, and shortstop, as well as every outfield position. Most of his action in the majors has come at second base, where he has 122 games and 111 starts. He owns a .985 (9 E/597 TC) fielding pct. as an infielder in his major league career.

Inglett spent the rest of last season with Triple-A Las Vegas, batting .360 (58-161) with 3 home runs, 14 doubles, and 25 RBI. He has a career .307 average in the minor leagues, including .372 (80-215) in the minors over the past 2 seasons. The left-handed batter has a .400 (18-45) average in 13 games at Rangers Ballpark and owns a .356 (47-132) career mark against A.L. West clubs. He has gone 18-for-22 in steal attempts in the majors.

Inglett played four seasons at the University of Nevada, where he was named All-American and Big West Conference Most Valuable Player during his senior year in 2000. He was originally selected by Cleveland in the 8th round of the 2000 June draft and acquired by Toronto on a waiver claim on Sept. 14, 2007.
    I'm disappointed that Joe's gone because I felt like he could've batted in the 2 hole if he ever found a permanent spot on the team. Unfortunately his defence really isn't that good for a guy that would've been our utility guy, so I'm not entirely shocked to see him gone.

I like the guy, but he's not indispensable by any means. Like you said, he's a good guy and it's tough to see him go, but that's just the way she goes sometimes.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X