When are the HOF Inductees Announced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are the HOF Inductees Announced?

Any idea when this years inductees will be announced? What do you guys think Alomar's chances are?

I believe it's January 26. Alomar has a better than even shot of making it on the first ballot. Otherwise, he'll make it for sure in a subsequent year.

Comment

Oops, my mistake. HOF announcement is tomorrow. Alomar is looking good for a first ballot.

Comment

I read in the Toronto Star that radio broadcaster Tom Cheek is nominated for the Ford Frick Award. He received the most write-in votes.
        Tom is someone who deserves to be enshrined in Cooperstown.

Comment

Originally posted by Defense Counts! View Post
          Oops, my mistake. HOF announcement is tomorrow. Alomar is looking good for a first ballot.
          Will he be going in as a Blue Jay?

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
            Will he be going in as a Blue Jay?
            From some of his previous interviews, I believe he did say he would go in as a Jay. Of course he could've changed his mind since then, but I would say he'll most likely go in as a Jay.

Comment

From a webchat on Bluejays.com (07/02/09):

Winshot: Hey, Robbie! thanks for chatting! What do you plan on wearing when you are inducted into the Hall?

Alomar: If I ever get into the Hall of Fame, I will be going in as a Blue Jay. That is my goal.

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
                Any idea when this years inductees will be announced? What do you guys think Alomar's chances are?
                The Hall Of Fame announcement will be tomorrow, Wednesday, January 6 at 2:00 P.M.

I'd say Alomar's chances are 40/60 Against him. Don't be surprised if they don't elect him tomorrow. I'd say his chances are much better next year. That's just the way the baseball writers think. Only the very best of the best get the honor in their first year of eligibility. There's too many younger writers with the vote who only came on the scene when Alomar was in the declining years of his career who don't remember when Robby was a truly spectacular player in his prime. If he gets over 60 per cent of the vote but less than the 75% required for election, that's a good indication that he'll make it in 2011.
                Last edited by philliesfiend55; 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinersOrJays View Post
                  From a webchat on Bluejays.com (07/02/09):

Winshot: Hey, Robbie! thanks for chatting! What do you plan on wearing when you are inducted into the Hall?

Alomar: If I ever get into the Hall of Fame, I will be going in as a Blue Jay. That is my goal.
                  Is there even any doubt that he'll go in as a Jay? The only other choice looks like the Indians, but seriously, it's gotta be a sure thing that he goes in wearing a Jays cap.

PS - MarinersOrJays: Welcome to BBF, and more specifically to the Jays forum.
                  WAMCO!

Comment

Thanks, and his prime was spent in Toronto not to mention the two pieces of jewellery he acquired in his tenure with the club.

Here's something to ponder, if Edgar Martinez gets in too, both '77 expansion teams will have their first members (to wear the team cap) into the HOF.

Comment

Less then two hours to go. Reading on ESPN I think Alomar gets in and since he spent 5 years with us and no more then 3 with anyone else he has to go in with us. The Hall makes the eventual decision anyway.

Here is the other question, if McGriff gets in (he won't this year but maybe in 5-10) would he go in as a Jay? He could go in as a Brave.

Comment

Alomar missed by just eight votes. Silly, but I think he'll make it next year. And he will go in as a Jay.

If McGriff gets in, I'm sure it will be as a Brave. That's the team with whom he spent more of his career.

Down the line, Carlos Delgado and Roy Halladay have a chance.

Comment

Alomar and Blyleven couldn't have come any closer without being elected.
                          You can "Bet the Farm" that they'll get in next year. They will be "Automatics" in 2011!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X