A few players assigned to Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few players assigned to Blue Jays

3B Brett Wallace assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    C J.P. Arencibia assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    C Travis d'Arnaud assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    LF Adam Loewen assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    LHP Rommie Lewis assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    RHP Chad Jenkins assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    C Brian Jeroloman assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    RHP Kyle Drabek assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
    Although, to be honest I don't know what that means. I assume it has something to do with ST invites.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=1&year=2010

Their names aren't on the 40-man roster so I do not know if it has anything to do with that. It probably is just for ST purposes as you indicated.

Comment

It must be for ST. Invite them without adding them to the 40-man.

Comment

Anybody know much about Rommie Lewis? I had a quick look at his stats from last year and it seems like he pitched well at both AA and AAA. Anybody have info on this guy?
        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Welcome to the board vilifyingforce!

Anyways, this is the most info I could gather on Rommie Lewis from sites like Baseball America and the works.

Lewis is a 27-year old, 6'5", 230lb left-hander who was drafted by the Orioles in the 4th round of the 2001 MLB Draft. The Jays haven't signed him, just offered him a non-roster spring training invite (which he accepted) after pitching in their system last year.

"Good stuff, 90-93 MPH with a sharp slider, through he's inconsistent with the location of the breaking ball. He still needs to improve his command, but I think he can be a bullpen asset, and his stuff is good enough that he won't necessarily be confined to the LOOGY role if the command is there." (from minorleagueball.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY View Post
            Anybody know much about Rommie Lewis? I had a quick look at his stats from last year and it seems like he pitched well at both AA and AAA. Anybody have info on this guy?
            Former prospect in the Orioles system, looks like he's figured some things out this year, has a 1.38 ERA with a 12/5 K/BB in 13 innings for Vegas, had a 2.57 ERA with a 45/22 K/BB in 42 innings in Double-A. Big at 6-5, 230, bleach-blonde hair stands out under his hat. Good stuff, 90-93 MPH with a sharp slider, through he's inconsistent with the location of the breaking ball. He still needs to improve his command, but I think he can be a bullpen asset, and his stuff is good enough that he won't necessarily be confined to the LOOGY role if the command is there.
            Found this report on the Jays AAA team

So judging by that report, it looks like he has a realistic chance to compete for a spot in the Bullpen, and hopefully can make an impact making Frasor and Downs completely expendable (which they already are being type A and B free agents)
            Last edited by Woodman19; 01-16-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

A few more assigned to Blue Jays

RHP Daniel Farquhar assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
              RHP Zachary Stewart assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
              C Matt Liuzza assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
              1B David Cooper assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
              2B Brad Emaus assigned to Toronto Blue Jays.
              http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=1&year=2010

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X