X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litsch Update

http://twitter.com/MLBastian/status/8219953894
    Originally posted by Jordan Bastian
    Spoke w/ Jesse Litsch today. His 1st bullpen session since TJ surgery is scheduled for Feb. 3. Jays hoping he'll be healthy by June/July.
    Hopefully he can come back and keep surprising people. We're gonna need all the arms we can get.

Litsch is a talented pitcher. Here's hoping he can make a good comeback.

Comment

He was just placed on the 60-day DL.

Comment

I don't think we'll see him much his year.
        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Too bad Litsch had this injury. I was more high on him than just about any starting pitcher we have - still am actually. The reason being is that since he is not a power pitcher, the TJ surgery should have little effect on his game. I'll predict he becomes basically the same pitcher in 2011 as he was prior to the surgery. Nowadays however, often power pitchers regain full velocity and sometimes even added velocity; that's how far advanced this surgery has become. Its not devastating anymore the way it used to be.

I always thought Litsch's upside was a Jon Lieber in his good years:non power pitchers with excellent control with a little cut fastball and sink on the two-seamer. I don't see any reason to think Litsch still can't be that guy if the velocity bounces back. He doesn't have that much to spare!

Comment

I sure hope you're right. I just hope he doesn't become another Gustavo Chacin.
            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

They didnt have the same injury. Litsch had TJ surgery which is usually good for a pitcher oddly enough nowadays, I wouldn't worry about him falling off the map that badly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X