X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cheek denied again - Frick goes to Miller

Too busy to craft anything eloquent, but I'll sum up:

Tom Cheek got screwed again.

The criteria are listed as: "longevity; continuity with a club; honors, including national assignments such as the World Series and All-Star Games; and popularity with fans".

Is the fact that he's Canadian going to stop him from ever winning this friggin' thing?
    WAMCO!

It's a shame. It seems like Canadian teams are always the ones that don't get enough exposure and support (i.e. Jays and Raptors). He truly deserves it though...I guess we'll just have to keep waiting for it. Maybe it's like the HOF...you have to wait 15 for some reason before you're considered good enough.

Comment

I have nothing to say that you guys haven't already said. It doesn't seem fair that he hasn't won. I can't think of someone more deserving.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Too bad. He really deserves it. One of the biggest names in franchise history and he deserves this recognition. Really got shafted here.

Comment

Really a shame, but I suspect he'll get the award eventually.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X