Spring Training 2010 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan View Post
    That's great for him, but the fact that Marcum will be our opening day starter after missing most of last year with TJ surgery AND being relatively unproven to begin with just shows how tough this year is going to be. Marcum would be a 3 or 4 on most contending teams.

But I guess I didn't need to point out the obvious.
    I predict that Marcum has a comeback season that is similar to Aaron Hill's from last season. remember, Hill was still relatively unproven at this time last year.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY View Post
      I predict that Marcum has a comeback season that is similar to Aaron Hill's from last season. remember, Hill was still relatively unproven at this time last year.
      I've always liked Marcum, but he's not a #1 starter. He doesn't have the stuff to be. Haven't seen him throw this year, but he's got consistent 12-14 win potential. I don't doubt he probably will have a great comeback season, but not in relation to what Aaron Hill did last year. Hill essentially became the best all-around second baseman in baseball. Marcum however might win 13 games and have a 3.60+ ERA.

Comment

Originally posted by dixs35 View Post
        Like the idea of McGowan as a closer or setup guy this year. It would allow the jays to really limit his use while still getting quality innings out of him. The silver lining might be that McGowan takes to the role and the Jays find a reliable closer for the first time since maybe...... Ward? I can't remember the last time a Jays closer made me think, this ones in the bag.
        BJ Ryan's first season with us was pretty much a lock everytime he hit the mound. If he could have kept that up it would of been JP's best signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Maddux's Biggest Fan View Post
          I've always liked Marcum, but he's not a #1 starter. He doesn't have the stuff to be. Haven't seen him throw this year, but he's got consistent 12-14 win potential. I don't doubt he probably will have a great comeback season, but not in relation to what Aaron Hill did last year. Hill essentially became the best all-around second baseman in baseball. Marcum however might win 13 games and have a 3.60+ ERA.
          I agree with that statement. Marcum is a scrappy pitcher and I think he will do quite well this year and surpass our expectations, but he won't post anything spectacular.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X