The Red Sox for the Weekend!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Sox for the Weekend!!

Burnett on Friday and Halliday on Saturday!! It doesn't get any better than this. I have tickets for the Saturday game and can hardly wait. The Jays have a very challenging schedule in April. If they can come out of this month at .500, or even a little better, they will have set the stage for a pennant run. I don't think the jays see Schilling this weekend, maybe on Sunday. Well's replacement is pitching on Saturday and Beckett is up against Burnett on Friday. Looking for 2 of 3 or maybe even a humbling sweep of the mighty Red Sox.

Looks like Burnett might be hurt!! Hope it's not serious!!

Comment

There sure is no quit in these guys. What a comeback. Today should be interesting. The bullpen got quite a work out last night and Halliday is on a pitch count of 80. I think Walker is the only one that didn't pitch last night.
      It was a great game.

Comment

Good win for you guys last night, and you're sure starting today on fire, too. DiNardo against Halladay isn't exactly a fair fight!
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by starkeeper
          There sure is no quit in these guys. What a comeback. Today should be interesting. The bullpen got quite a work out last night and Halliday is on a pitch count of 80. I think Walker is the only one that didn't pitch last night.
          It was a great game.
          I was at the game on Friday , the Sox Blew it :o

Comment

I was at the game today. The Jays really beat up on the young pitcher early.
            Halliday pitched well and with Burnett on the 15 day dl again they are going to need him to shine. Towers tomorrow, o brother!!

Comment

I was at the game today. The Jays really beat up on the young pitcher early.
              Halliday pitched well and with Burnett on the 15 day dl again they are going to need him to shine. Towers tomorrow, o brother!!
              The interesting thing is that Halladay really wasn't on his usual game. If DiNardo hadn't been so abysmal, there might've been an actual game today.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

You're probably right!! Halliday didn't seem to be 100%. When his pitch count hit 80 I knew they would consider pulling him but he was ready to be pulled anyway. However, no matter who was pitching for the Red Sox that doesn't change the fact that you will need more runs than 1 to beat the blue jays this year and I didn't see DiNardo at the plate once.

Comment

You're probably right!! Halliday didn't seem to be 100%. When his pitch count hit 80 I knew they would consider pulling him but he was ready to be pulled anyway. However, no matter who was pitching for the Red Sox that doesn't change the fact that you will need more runs than 1 to beat the blue jays this year and I didn't see DiNardo at the plate once.
                  I hear you, but when the opposing team scores five runs in the first 2 innings, it tends to take some of the fire out of a lineup. If those runs hadn't been given up so early, I expect you would've seen a better Red Sox offense overall.

Comment

Being a Sox fan, I see the Red Sox in the hunt all season. But this year I'm getting a feeling that the race might be between the Red Sox and Toronto and that the Yankees will be also-rans. True, we aren't even a month into the season yet, but from what I've seen so far, Toronto seems more of an immediate threat than the Yankees. I just hope it isn't the Sox who end up losing ground. :gt

2007 World Series Champions
                    The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Even though Towers choked in the first inning, the Jays were able to make a game of it. The Red Sox handed it to them inning after inning but they wouldn't take it. 2 of 3 from Boston is pretty good though and that makes 4 of 6 so far for the season. The Orioles come into town on Tuesday with Chacin on the mound. Should be a good series.

Comment

I'm curious to see the O's; I haven't seen them yet this year. Should be a good series.
                        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

any interest for josh towers on the market?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                            any interest for josh towers on the market?
                            I doubt it!!

Comment

I really doubt it now. He just doesn't have it yet this year. The Yankees just handed it to him yesterday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X