This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic: Advice needed on Waterloo as a place to liive

Hey Blue Jays family, I live south of the border and the economy still sucks down here and for whatever reason there are a lot of good jobs in Waterloo for people of my background (financial analysts) so I am curious if any of you can tell me anything about the place as somewhere to live.

Wow...this is cool. I'm studying at Waterloo right now and am in a financial analyst program I had problems finding a financial analyst job though, but I guess that's just because I'm still a student and without any sort of designations or exams completed yet.

Anyways, unless you really live somewhere that's really heavy in student housing, Waterloo seems like a pretty quiet place to live compared to somewhere like Toronto. There's really not that much to do in terms of entertainment here though. There's quite a few places to eat around where I live (in between the 2 universities, Waterloo and Laurier) and it's fairly ethnic (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, etc.). From what I understand, the housing is pretty expensive around where I live compared to housing near other universities (i.e. Trent in Peterborough, Brock in St. Catherines), so that kind of sucks. There's fairly decent public transportation IMO, but sometimes the buses that go to the University (Waterloo in partciular) fill up in the morning (I normally go to school around 10ish, don't know what it's like during rush hour when there's less classes) and sometimes the buses don't stop because they've reached their carrying capacities.

Comment

There is stuff with RIM and Open Text but they don't have the big banks Toronto does. After living in Cleveland the last 7 years I can't really do the big city living again. Is there decent night life thats not college oriented. I am 34 so I am way too old to do college bars.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X