Jays release Ruiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays release Ruiz

The Blue Jays released Randy Ruiz, tweets MLB.com's Jordan Bastian. Ruiz then signed a contract with Japan's Rakuten Golden Eagles. The Jays called up Jeremy Reed to take Ruiz's place.

Ruiz, 32, raked in his 130 big league plate appearances for the Blue Jays last year but had only 40 PAs this year. The journeyman first baseman/left fielder has logged 11 minor league seasons, and will presumably get a chance to earn more money in Japan.
    I'm kind of disappointed because I expected more from Ruiz, but he obviously hasn't performed this year. I guess it's best for Ruiz to go somewhere where he can get regular ABs and make some more money. A little surprised that the Jays didn't sell his contract to a Japanese team though instead of just outright releasing him (unless I'm missing some rule about that kind of stuff).

I think they could have used him better this year. It would have been better for both Ruiz and Overbay if Cito had managed them a little differently.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Interesting signature in the last message. I do agree with this analysis. If someone is ripping it up in Spring Training and this followed a terrific second half in 2009. He didn't deserve the bench for the first 3 weeks of the season. It was almost insulting.

CITO GASTON is a joke. A great hitting coach a Terrible Manager. He is out managed routinely.
      Davids Justice
      Baseball Bat Deals
      Tickets Broker
      Fungo Bats
      Cage Jacket
      Baseball Bags

Comment

Anyone on Cito's bench may as well be in Siberia. That's an unfortunate, accepted fact.
        Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X