Roy Halladay Perfect Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Halladay Perfect Game

I just saw Halladay tossed a perfect game. UGH!

Double-Ugh.
    WAMCO!

Comment

Who cares? The Blue Jays didn't win anything with him here. And there wasn't any chance he would sign here when his contract was up in 2011. At least Toronto got a good prospect in Kyle Drabek. If Halladay signed somewhere as a free agent, the Jays would have ended up with nothing. Stop crying over Halladay going to another team, what's done is done and be glad he's gone.

Comment

While I was dissapointed that Doc couldn't hit the perfect game wearing a Jays uni, I am still very happy for him. A perfect game really could have not happened to a better pitcher and while he is no longer a part of my favorite team, I still count Halladay as one of my favorite players. As much as I dispise the Phillies, I still enjoy seeing Halladay be a successful pitcher; the same way I used to feel with Delgado in FLA/NYM. He gave many great years of service to the Jays and was a perfect professional on and off the field during his tenure. Good for him.

Comment

Roy Halliday No-Hits the Reds in NLDS Game #1 4-0! October 6,2010

Everyone: Tonight October 6,2010 Roy Halliday has thrown a No-Hitter against the Cincinnati Reds
          for the Phillies - 4-0 was the final score.

It is only the second post-season No-Hitter ever (The Don Larsen perfect game vs. Brooklyn in the 1956 WS for the Yankees being the only other post-season No-Hitter) in Baseball history...

I could not help but wonder about how Blue Jay fans thought after the team let go perhaps arguably the best pitcher of the current era...The Phillies have benefitted by his steady pitching and are perhaps even stronger then their 2008 World Series Championship team...

I figure there may be some strong opinions from the Blue Jay fans concerning the Doc...

LI MIKE
          Last edited by Long Island Mike; 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I'm happy that a decent man pitched a remarkable game. That's what I will say about Doc's no-no.
            Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X