The Orioles are in town!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Orioles are in town!!

Mr. Consistency starts for the Jays tonight. Chacin sure has had a part in holding this staff on track while Burnett and Halliday work out their early season kinks. The O's have started strong but I'm sure they will fizzle out before too long. Go Jays!! A sweep or 2 of 3 would be good to start a road trip with!!

1 Down 2 to Go!! These guys just seem to generate offense at will.
    It was good to see Hillenbrand contribute as a pinch hitter. The jays just keep rolling.

Comment

The rookie goes tonight!! I thought they would bring up McCammon. It will be interesting to see what kind of depth they have for themselves in Syracuse. Wells is hitting the cover off the ball. April is usually his bad month because of chronic slow starts.
      2 of 2 !! Let's go for the sweep!!

Comment

Originally posted by starkeeper
        The rookie goes tonight!! I thought they would bring up McCammon. It will be interesting to see what kind of depth they have for themselves in Syracuse. Wells is hitting the cover off the ball. April is usually his bad month because of chronic slow starts.
        2 of 2 !! Let's go for the sweep!!
        I too am intersted in how Janssen does tonight. I love early rookie call ups cause you never know what's going to happen.

Comment

I have a question and I hope its not a stupid one..... Why wasn't Mcgowan called up? He is in AAA right? What are his stats?

Comment

Leaving town on an unnecessary losing note. I thought Gibbons did a very poor job of managing last night. From the setting of his line up, to the managing of his bull pen to the missed opportunities to pinch hit. Very lacklustre effort on his part.

Comment

Not a stupid question at all!! I wondered as well why McGowan wasn't the call up.

Dustin McGowan: Individual Stats (Pitching)
              Team From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO
              Syracuse SkyChiefs 04/06 04/27 1 1 5.11 7 0 0 0 0 12.1 13 8 7 1 3 17
              Last edited by starkeeper; 04-28-2006, 03:26 AM.

Comment

I'm assuming they're converting to a reliever and and they wanted to bring up a starter so they could keep Downs in the 'pen.

Didn't think Janssen looked all that bad. Had some command issues and had some poor defensivd play behing him at times. But he mangaed to settle down a pich a couple of good innings.
                Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X