Buck to DL, Arencibia Called Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buck to DL, Arencibia Called Up

The Toronto Blue Jays will call up prospect JP Arencibia after catcher John Buck was placed on the 15-day Wednesday after cutting his thumb vs. the New York Yankees.

Buck's injury occurred after a foul tip Alex Rodriguez in the fifth inning of a 5-1 loss to the Yankees and hereceived three stitches.

The 24-year-old Arencibia is hitting .303 with 31 HR and 79 RBI in 95 games at triple-A Las Vegas this season.
    Excited to get a look at this kid for the first time

This is exciting. But how will Cito handle both Snider and Arencibia? Won't he have to hit them both ninth?
    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cooperstownersincanada View Post
      This is exciting. But how will Cito handle both Snider and Arencibia? Won't he have to hit them both ninth?
      No, he'll have Snider lead off!

Doh!
      WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix View Post
        No, he'll have Snider lead off!

Doh!
        Oh yeah, I forgot. Snider is, after all, your prototypical leadoff hitter Cito, God bless him.
        Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Hey, Snider had 2 walks and a single, so you can't argue with the results. Shades of Marco Scutaro

And man, what a debut for Arencibia. The last time I can remember a curtain call was back when Halladay was here and he was making his then suspected final start. Yesterday's game was just so fun to watch.

Oh and randomly, because it's not really thread worthy, Molina's stolen base today had me rolling on the floor laughing. Stealing it standing up!

Comment

Arencibia!

Wow, I feel so happy for the guy. He has had his ups and downs in the minors but he has finally arrived. Tremendous debut, I can't remember one like it for any player on any team since I started watching baseball. Also, as one guy on the Sportsnet panel before Morrow's game (nails), it is great just to see a buzz back at Rogers Centre after one player.

And ya, Molina's stolen base topped it off for me. Great quality!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X