Yunel Escobar vs Tampa Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yunel Escobar vs Tampa Bay

Hey, I don't know if you guys noticed this but I think early in Fridays game vs TBay, when I think Cecil was trying to pick off BJ Upton at second base, Escobar catches the ball and fakes a throw back to Cecil hoping Upton would come off the base early..and then starts laughing at BJ Upton

Probably the LOL play of the season IMO

did anyone else catch that play? or have the video of it

Don't have the video, but I definitely saw it. After the pick-off throw, he left the ball right beside second base and then pretended to throw it back to Cecil. Upton, who just slid back to second, was just looking at the ball on the ground for a while like "wtf is this guy doing".

That's kind of one of those plays that brings a smile to my face. It's one of those things that make me think, "hey, this guy just really loves to play the game". Makes baseball seem more than just being some intense competition and their job to play the game.

Comment

I didn't see it, but it sounds like something Yunel might do. He seems to be having a lot of fun in Toronto.
      Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

I love Yunel Escobar. In an era where alot of players seem to be chasing the next big paycheck, Yunel seems like he just genuinely has a ton of fun playing baseball for a living. I hope he enjoys Toronto as much as everyone else is enjoying him so far because, I know it's early, but I would like to see him here for a long time.

Comment

Not once have I not seen him smile in any game
          General baseball forum
          Visit my baseball blog

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X