Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Morrow

Wow.

Back-to-back great games of baseball for a Jays fan was topped off by one of the best pitching performances I've seen in Toronto for a while. Morrow was astounding. It is too bad Hill couldn't corral that groundball (tough play) but that doesn't take anything away from Morrow's performance. 17 strikeouts and an absolutely dominating performance.

Massive props to Morrow on a well pitched game. While it won't be recognized as a no-hitter, it was nonetheless amazing to watch and something I won't forget for a long time.

It was truly an amazing performance. The question (with Cito, of course) now is will Morrow make his next start when you consider he threw more than 130 pitches? They already skipped him once in the rotation to curtail his inning count. I'm hoping that they don't do it after the best start of his career. But it's possible.
    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

I hate the way pitchers are coddled these days but I think you might have to skip Morrow the next turn around. 130 pitches is alot and just to be precautionary, I would let him get some extra rest. Plus, as you say, they have already skipped him before to curtail his inning count, so they will likely do it again. I would rather them do it now then later on after a 90 pitch game in September.

Comment

I don't like the idea of altogether skipping him, but maybe they can go with a 6-man rotation this time around to give Morrow an extra day. That and maybe cut down his throwing session between starts.

Comment

Just a follow up on Morrow:

TORONTO -- Blue Jays starting pitcher Brett Cecil will have his scheduled start on Thursday against the Red Sox pushed back to Saturday in Anaheim.
          The left-hander injured his right knee -- requiring three stitches -- earlier this week climbing the stairs at Rogers Centre.

Brad Mills will be bumped up to pitch on Thursday and then will be optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas to make room for Friday's starter, Marc Rzepczynski. Brandon Morrow, who threw 137 pitches in a complete-game one-hitter Sunday, will be given some additional rest and will next start Aug. 17 in Oakland.
          So it does look like he'll be skipped this time around in favour of Scrabble.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X