Aaron Hill??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Hill??

What's up with Hill?? How much patience should the Jays have with his poor production at the plate?? What are the options?? Let's here what you think!!

With the way the offense is rolling, I think the Jays can afford to have Hill slumping at the plate. He's still a young player and has a lot to learn - taking him out of the lineup would only hinder his development. Give him time - if he showed us anything last year, it's that he can handle himself in the bigs. It seems like he's well liked in the clubhouse so I'm sure with the support and advice of his teammates, he'll be doing okay in no time.

I think the question that is more important is:

How soon should the Jays abandon the RF platoon and let Rios be the everyday starter? But that's another post altogether.

Go Jays
    Last edited by Brad Chadford; 04-27-2006, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Hill makes me wanna run straightinto a wall...

sure the whole lineup is hitting and scoring runs... but with a .180 average... CMON! thats just ridiculous

i just watched him face a struggling randy johnson with bases loaded.. and pop out... if he just let the pitches go by him.. he coulda walked in a run.. .

id actually prefer him strikin out lookin at the time against johnson than swinging away! just cause he would be accepting the fact that he really sucks and its a better shot at an rbi

not only can he NOT hit... he can't cover the field all that well.. and he still makes throwin errors to FIRST from second!

if it were up to me... which it is not... i owuld keep russ adams... and play platoon ss with him and macdonald.. and move adams and one of our relievers for a second basemen... who can at least FIELD... if he can hit too.. all the better

Comment

He's still young and just needs to get his at bats at the big league level and he'll turn things around. We all saw last year what kind of potential he has, he just needs to work through these early season woes.
        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

we have picked every thing out of adams game so now we come to aaron hill? i agree hill is struggling at the plate but i do remember some guy named hudson struggling at the dish too. yes, hill doesnt play d like the dogg but he is younger and is still maturing into a good ballplayer. we cannot just go out and get a second baseman because that would ruin hill later on in his career. maybe if he is batting .180 after may, this will be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Chadford
            How soon should the Jays abandon the RF platoon and let Rios be the everyday starter?

right now hinske

Comment

Ahh Big_Mac, forever an ally on most issies. Have we ever disagreed on anything? Well probably Hinske, but the more Eric plays now, and plays well the better he looks as trade bait if the Jays wish to move him.
              Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                Ahh Big_Mac, forever an ally on most issies. Have we ever disagreed on anything? Well probably Hinske, but the more Eric plays now, and plays well the better he looks as trade bait if the Jays wish to move him.
                Maybe for a pitcher!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                  haha, me and you think alike chris, allies til the end! i think we disagreed on hinske a few times but ive given up on my boy even though he is doing productive off the bench right now

Comment

WOW. Despite being up 13-3 there are some negatives.

1.) Aaron Hill= 0 for 5

2.) Both the Yankees and Red Sox are winning and are most likely to keep there leads so we dont gain any ground. We desperately need a win tomorrow. Go Lilly go!

Comment

Kudos for Hill and Adams. They pulled one out of the fire for the team last night. Clutch hitting like that should be a good confidence builder.

Comment

Hill is really turning around his offence lately. He is producing more like he was last year. He got his first round tripper last night and I think he was 3 for 3 or 3 for 4. I hope he's back!!

Comment

Hill was freaking 3 for 3 and then gibbons pinch hit for him in the 9th, how retarded is that. Gibbons is so concerned with the right vs lefties lefties vs righties matchups its getting sickening.

Its nice to see hill coming around looks like he has confidence at the plate now as well. hes batting 240 now and got his first dinger .
                          Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X