How Much Does Sportsnet SUCK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Does Sportsnet SUCK?

Sportsnet One carrying 25 of the "stretch drive" games is rediculous. After writing a letter to Rogers they replied that these were 25 "add on" games that were not originally going to be broadcast by Sportsnet on any channel. How stupid is this? 25 August-September games not broadcast? I've had enough of this horsespit network. This Sportsnet One channel isn't even available on a number of Canadian carriers yet. So many of us are in the dark for the bulk of the rest of the season. I HATE ROGERS. Can a DECENT Canadian company buy this team please?!

I use Rogers, so I get Sportsnet One anyways, so it's not an issue for me at all. As mentioned in another thread already, it'd be better for them to introduce it at the end of the season, but at the same time, it may conflict with other programming and present the same issue with another sport.

I know you're mad at this new channel, but seriously, there are few owners as good as Rogers in all of baseball. If Rogers ever sold the team, then I'd be worried about the team being relocated and baseball in Canada will be officially dead.

Comment

Honestly a new channel doesn't bother me that much....it's the way Rogers initiated this one. I'd be all for putting into place a new national network that would have all the Jays Spring training & regular season games in one place....hell I'd gladly shell out $200 bucks for the year for something like that. Even show me divisional games on off days and when the Jays are out west. It's screwing us out of 25 games during the stretch drive that drives me nuts...along with force-feeding us Yankee and Red Sox games on Sportsnet East when the Jays are playing on Sportsnet Ontario. Why did they decide to do this now?

Comment

I've been frustrated with the way Sportsnet carries games anyway and this Sportsnet One stuff is no different. I can't muster up an eloquent way of putting it, so I'll just say that Sportsnet One is a joke.
        Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

I agree with what Ken is saying. I have to wonder though where Paul Beeston is while all of this is going down? He is the president and there has been a HUGE backlash over this and he hasn't said a word to the media about it. His silence is very un-Beeston-like (new word .
          Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Well Beeston is president of the Blue Jays, not Rogers Sportsnet, so he really has no say in their operations at all. The guy that you might hear anything from would be Nadir Mohamed.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh View Post
              Well Beeston is president of the Blue Jays, not Rogers Sportsnet, so he really has no say in their operations at all. The guy that you might hear anything from would be Nadir Mohamed.
              But Beeston does have a responsibility to Blue Jays fans and is the head of the Jays organization. In my opinion, he needs to be saying something.
              Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

I guess he could say something, but how comforting would it really be. He might try and advertise Sportsnet One a little, might say he wishes the timing isn't what it is, but he can't really say much that would make us feel much better IMO or change what's being done. Would it be nice to hear from him? Yeah. Will it change anything at all? Probably not.

Comment

Beeston has started talking a little about this now. So I have to give him some credit. He seems to be towing the company line though, but I guess I can't expect much else. Hopefully, they have this straightened out before next season.

Comment

This is brutal.

Rogers is doing a hell of a job regionalizing the Blue Jays. Hey, if you live in Southern Ontario and don't get SN1, drive down to the stadium when they are in town. But out in the west where I live and don't get Rogers, we get screwed over and we have been for years now with the regional channels.

What really frustrates me is I didn't get a chance to watch Drabek's debut tonight or Jo-Bau's 47th homer, tying George Bell.

I will be a Jays fan through and through, but the next generation might start cheering for teams they can watch on a regular basis out here like the Twins, Mariners, Yankees, or BoSox. Hell, ti seems like they are on TV as much as the Jays now. They got to realize this is a national team and start marketing it towards the entire country. This doesn't help at all.

Oh well, hockey season starts soon and when Oiler, Flame, and Canuck fans start realizing they can't watch their teams because they are on SN1, I'm sure there will be a riot. Safe to say, this should be straighten out in winter in time for the 2011 season .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X