No announcement yet.

Say No To Eric Wedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are bringing in Sandy Alomar Jr. for his third interview today.

Really don't know much about Alomar other then his playing career. If AA likes him, I'll hop on board. I really want a new manager, not a retread like Baylor or Valentine, that's what this team needs. I thought Bale from Boston would have been a good candidate (9 years AAA managing), but I'll throw myself behind Sandy if AA is. He is a former catcher, they always seem to have good pedigrees for managing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac View Post
      They are bringing in Sandy Alomar Jr. for his third interview today.

Really don't know much about Alomar other then his playing career. If AA likes him, I'll hop on board. I really want a new manager, not a retread like Baylor or Valentine, that's what this team needs. I thought Bale from Boston would have been a good candidate (9 years AAA managing), but I'll throw myself behind Sandy if AA is. He is a former catcher, they always seem to have good pedigrees for managing.
      I'll support anyone AA picks, but I'd rather have someone who knows the AL East. DeMarlo Hale would be a nice fit. Shi Davidi, from Canadian Press, is reporting tonight that Rob Thomson and Dave Martinez are no longer being considered for the Jays job. There are three outside candidates that, according to reports, are still in the running: Alomar Jr., Hale and Jon Farrell.
      Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Since I know very little about these guys (other than Alomar that I remember only as a player) I will differ to AA as well. But a couple of things

1) I read up on Jon Farrell - he lives 20 minutes from me in suburban Cleveland so if he sucks I can drive over and yell at him.

2) I still prefer someone with managerial experience even if its in the minor leagues which brings me to:

3) Ryne Sandberg was just passed over for the Cubs job. He managed at every level of the minors and was a hall of fame player. There are a lot of off-the-field implications to the job and a big name like Sanberg will generate a buzz around the team.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X