Towers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towers....

If the jays are serious about making a penant run this year.. they definately can't afford to be givin up sure loss every time around the pitching rotation...

towers has been hit hard and for a lot of runs on all 5 of his starts.. and just does not seem to be a major league starter right now.. sure he's faced the yankees and the bosox lately... but thats the reality of our division... hes gonna have to face those two teams a handful of times this season cause of the scheduling

i dont even think they can send him to the bullpen cause even if he were to be in for spot relief.. hed still be hamered for a few runs

send him down... get some pitchin coaches on him and let him develope and come in when we have an injury

as for a replacement starter... if burnett, lily, halladay, chacin can stay in there... they can fill the 5th spot with that new kid jansen...

The Jays spotted him 2 runs in the first against Johnson and he still gave it back. Not just with poor pitching, but with little league fielding. He blew a sure out and maybe even a double play just by not knowing what to do with the ball when it was hit to him.

With Towers taking a regular turn the jays will wear out their bullpen and take a loss almost every time.

He's gotta go!!

Comment

I'm starting to lose paitence with Towers. I'm hoping he can turn it around but I don't want him to cost the Jays games while he's turning it around. Some sort of change has to be made and quick.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

i have a feeling that towers is going to be dfa once burnett gets of the dl. 0-5 for a team with an offense like ours and hopes like us is inexcusable.

Comment

I know it's easy (and convenient) to say now, but I have personally never been sold on Towers. He's not overpowering, has very little movement on any of his pitches...I say give him one more chance, and if he's mucks it up...

Comment

There is his one more chance. J.P. has got to make a move with this guy, even for his own good. What kind of confidence can he have now?
            Syracuse for a spell would be good for him and for the jays. I don't know what options there are, other than minor league call ups, but how much worse can it be?

Comment

if only Towers could have won at least 2 of his games we would be in first! He really needs to be sent down because im really not liking him right now.

Comment

Gibbons and Riccardi have to do somethin and fast. I don't care how well he pitched last year, right now he's costing tohe Jays games and is clearly a weak point on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1
                  if only Towers could have won at least 2 of his games we would be in first! He really needs to be sent down because im really not liking him right now.
                  2006 stats for Dave Bush with the Brewers:

Code:
                  W  L  ERA   G GS CG SHO  IP   H  R  ER  HR BB SO 
                  2  3  3.86  6 6  1   1  42.0  35 19 18  4  6  32
                  So you're saying we traded the wrong guy?

Comment

those numbers on bush are good. i knew he was doing well but not that well, i am surprised to tell you the truth. i guess maddux is working his wonders with him in milwaukee. mike is the 2nd best pitching coach in the game imo.

oh ya, towers, get rid of him, i'd rather have mr. bean pitch. you got mcgowan up, lets use him for something productive instead of mop-up duty.
                    Last edited by Big_Mac; 05-05-2006, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                      those numbers on bush are good. i knew he was doing well but not that well, i am surprised to tell you the truth. i guess maddux is working his wonders with him in milwaukee. mike is the 2nd best pitching coach in the game imo.

oh ya, towers, get rid of him, i'd rather have mr. bean pitch. you got mcgowan up, lets use him for something productive instead of mop-up duty.
                      The best being who? Leo Mazzone? IYO...

We've got McGowan up and also Scott Downs who has certainly been a more effective starter than Towers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Chadford
                        2006 stats for Dave Bush with the Brewers:

Code:
                        W  L  ERA   G GS CG SHO  IP   H  R  ER  HR BB SO 
                        2  3  3.86  6 6  1   1  42.0  35 19 18  4  6  32
                        So you're saying we traded the wrong guy?
                        Yes. Despite Bush;s slow start last year it wasn't as bad as Towers is this year and Bush came back from AAA and pitched much better! He actually looked good near the end of the season last year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brad Chadford]The best being who? Leo Mazzone? IYO...
                          QUOTE]

ya, i should have been more specific.

i dont believe either that we could habve traded towers to the brew crew instead of bush, i dont believe they would have done that.

i saw last night as well that they will stick with towers, for at least one more start. id just really hate to lose the division by a few games and we have a 0-10 pitcher.

Comment

I think that Gibbons pulled the plug on Towers a little early last night.
                            If he had left him in another inning or so there would have been a better indicator as to what to do with him. He pitched well for the first few and made a couple of mistakes in the fourth.
                            It just shows that Gibbons is starting to get frustrated with him just like most of the rest of us.
                            I really hope he pulls out of this funk.

Comment

You'd think because he's been fairly patient with him so far that he would have let Towers tough this one out a bit longer considering he pitched decent for the most part.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X