Jose Bautista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Bautista

Coming off his best career season yet, it seemed like a no-brainer that they would re-sign Bautista to a long term deal.

The thing is, why haven't they signed him yet? He's obviously important for our offense and we really need him. I know the jays will sign him, but why are they delaying it?

I really want to see him next season doing what he does best
    General baseball forum
    Visit my baseball blog

I don't think it's a no-brainer at all. Bautista still needs to show that it's more than just a 1 year + 2 month peak he's going through. He's going to command a LOT of money if he were to sign a long-term deal and I think the Jays just want to see a little more of him next year first before determining what to do with him. It'd be great to have him back with the team for many years to come, but he's got an amazing outfield arm and Vernon Wells isn't going anywhere, Snider isn't going anywhere, so we have to consider the fact that a long-term Bautista contract would mean blocking future young guns from reaching the bigs. I don't know too much about our farm system and whether we have anybody that's almost ready to come up, but I think that if we do, it'd have to factor into the decision of whether there's room for Bautista in our OF. I guess we could move him to 3B, but he provides more value in the OF and we always have the option of moving Hill to 3B if/when Hechevarria is ready to come up.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh View Post
      I don't think it's a no-brainer at all. Bautista still needs to show that it's more than just a 1 year + 2 month peak he's going through. He's going to command a LOT of money if he were to sign a long-term deal and I think the Jays just want to see a little more of him next year first before determining what to do with him. It'd be great to have him back with the team for many years to come, but he's got an amazing outfield arm and Vernon Wells isn't going anywhere, Snider isn't going anywhere, so we have to consider the fact that a long-term Bautista contract would mean blocking future young guns from reaching the bigs. I don't know too much about our farm system and whether we have anybody that's almost ready to come up, but I think that if we do, it'd have to factor into the decision of whether there's room for Bautista in our OF. I guess we could move him to 3B, but he provides more value in the OF and we always have the option of moving Hill to 3B if/when Hechevarria is ready to come up.
      I do agree Bautista is an amazing 3B and if we move him, we can definitely get some young arms back there. I've seen Bautista in 3B, 2x better than Encarnasion could ever handle. It would be a great defensive move.

And even if Hechevarria comes up, there will be a regular spot for a Bautista to play daily. No way his arm is comparible to a lot of others. The fact that he's able to hit it out of the park, regardless if it's a homerun or not, is enough power for me to want him
      General baseball forum
      Visit my baseball blog

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X