Manny Rameriez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Rameriez

I saw something about Manny wanting to be a Blue Jay. If he is cheap enough I say do it.

Manny just wants to be paid. You'd be well off if goes elsewhere.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

He won't get a huge contract no matter where he goes. We have Ryan's contract, Overbay's contract, and the last Halladay payment coming off the books. Thats almost $23 million.

Comment

Were still paying off Ryan's contract? I guess that's right it was a five-year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
          He won't get a huge contract no matter where he goes. We have Ryan's contract, Overbay's contract, and the last Halladay payment coming off the books. Thats almost $23 million.
          Very true, but unfortunately a lot of players are due for raises - Bautista and Marcum are in line for the biggest raises. I like Man-Ram as a hitter, but not in the clubhouse. I think he could be a chemistry killer.
          Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

I have always heard that Manny was a fan of the Blue Jays growing up because of guys like George Bell, Damaso Garcia and Tony Fernandez. I could see Manny being penciled in as a DH, but the last aging star we signed to fill that role was Frank Thomas and that didn't work very well. I might be more supportive of this initiative if the Jays were closer to contention than they are now.

Comment

A lot of Dominicans rooted for the Blue Jays. When I was in college and would wear my Blue Jays stuff and Dominicans would high five me because the Jays historically had many of them.

As for Manny in the locker room we have a manager thats dealt with him before and the Toronto media isn't as nasty as those in the states.

Comment

I just don't see him as a fit for the team, unless he signs a deal that's VERY team friendly. You put him in the OF and you create a little adventure for yourself. You move him to DH and you might just be creating an adventure for yourself when Lind is forced to play 1B on a full-time basis. He hasn't had a chance to get the experience there yet and he might turn out to be just fine at 1B, but I wouldn't want him to be the full-time 1B next year yet.

Comment

He is a part-time OF/DH at this point in his career. We are talking 110-120 games.

Then again, maybe I like the big names too much.

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
                    He is a part-time OF/DH at this point in his career. We are talking 110-120 games.

Then again, maybe I like the big names too much.
                    No, I do think you could be on to something here. I worry about Manny impacting the chemistry, but you do make a good point in that Farrell knows him. I have no doubt Manny can still hit four out of seven days a week if he decides he wants to.
                    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X