• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taubenheim Called Up!!

Notes: Taubenheim to make debut
    Young right-hander to start Saturday in place of Chacin
    By Jordan Bastian / MLB.com

Ty Taubenheim went 12-8 with a 3.28 ERA between Class A and Double-A in 2005. (Robbie Rogers/MLB Photos)
    Related Links

Blue Jays Headlines

DENVER -- The predictions made earlier this week came true shortly before gametime on Friday, when Ty Taubenheim arrived at Coors Field for the Blue Jays. On Saturday, Taubenheim will don a Major League uniform for the first time and will step into the rotation to temporily replace injured starter Gustavo Chacin.
    The 6-foot-5, 200-pound Taubenheim was acquired in the Dec. 8 trade that brought first baseman Lyle Overbay to the Blue Jays. The right-hander hadn't pitched above Double-A until this season and Toronto didn't know much about him at the time he was obtained.

"I dont think anybody really knew that much about him," Toronto manager John Gibbons said. "We didn't know anything about him. But he came to Spring Training and he pitched good and opened up some eyes."

During the spring, Taubenheim posted a 0.00 ERA in five outings, including one start, for the Jays. He found similar success at Triple-A Syracuse, where he went 2-2 with a 1.36 ERA in eight starts. In 39 2/3 innings with Syracuse, Taubenheim struck out 24 and walked 10.

Now, he'll fill in for Chacin, who is on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 11, due to a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow and a strained forearm.

Looks like he could be more than just a scrub thrown into the trade as an extra player.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

wow, i only recongized the name as the single-a guy with a real long last name thrown in with the overbay deal. now, he might be a major-league spot starters. lets give jp credit for getting i guy like this as a throw-in. i always think of this as a bonus.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X