RHP Towers & SS Adams Sent Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHP Towers & SS Adams Sent Down

Jays sent them both down after tonights game, thankfully. Looks like towers gave up one to many "Towering" HOMERS. Now where do we go from here, Fans in T.O. are getting pretty ticked with the team.
    Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

You're right. At first I was a bit skeptical.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=166893&hubname=
    Last edited by Chris from NY; 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM.
    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

You doubt what? Hmm why does everything need a link, im not going make it up lol.

LINK

TORONTO (AP) - The Toronto Blue Jays outrighted struggling right-hander Josh Towers and optioned shortstop Russ Adams to triple-A Syracuse on Wednesday.
      Danks & Diamond

Comment

Ya, I checked it out and found a link. Not that I don't trust you, just the Jays site is slow posting this.

Comment

On closer inspection, it was at the bottom of the article on on bluejays.com. I must have missed it.

Comment

Its about time Towers got sent down. If he could have won a few of hs games we would be in first. Lets just hope he stays in AAA and that piece of **** Burnett comes back soon.

Comment

I hope Towers can pitch his way back in Syracuse. The Jays just couldn't afford to risk the losses any longer. Adams will be back soon.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Adams switch to second base. I'm sure Hill can handle SS. Might be tough to switch them part way through the season though.

Comment

i told you all adams sucks

Adams cant hit, cant steal, cant get onbase. oh yeah hes defense is horrible.
                  What were you guys thinking he was capable of playing short. If you review my comments in the thread about the jays making a move for lugo you would see what im talking about.

Some ppl said at the begining of the year that hes a great ss and we can contend with him. Well he is in the minors and hill is playing ss. Man i hate it when im right. Now we are after kennedy instead of lugo. For me lugo and kennedy are about even. I guess its better for us because hill is a natural ss.

Comment

I decided to review your comments in that thread. Here are a couple that I found:
                    Originally posted by ricky151
                    i know russ adams could become a good ball player.....

....I know stealing is not of the most importance in todays baseball.
                    I'm confused, You've been saying lately that Adams is a piece of garbage and that you can't win without stealing alot of bases.

Comment

wow i have to explain baseball again

you dont have to steal a lot of bases, but your lead of hitter has to get onbase. wow some times it can be dense. Secondly you have to have the threat to steal to keep the opposing defence on its toes and creat holes in the infield.

Please dont make me explain how a good base runner can make the hitter after him better.

Well thats it for class 1

Comment

you dont have to steal a lot of bases, but your lead of hitter has to get onbase. wow some times it can be dense. Secondly you have to have the threat to steal to keep the opposing defence on its toes and creat holes in the infield.

Please dont make me explain how a good base runner can make the hitter after him better.

Your posts have such a put down attitude about them. Trust me, you don't have to explain baseball to very many people in this forum. They, however, could sure teach you some manners!!

Comment

Originally posted by starkeeper
                          Your posts have such a put down attitude about them. Trust me, you don't have to explain baseball to very many people in this forum. They, however, could sure teach you some manners!!
                          Heheh.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Jays call Adams back up now and send figuro packing. We are slumping a bit at the moment so whatever we can do to turn it around would be great.
                          Danks & Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by Roy31
                            Heheh.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Jays call Adams back up now and send figuro packing. We are slumping a bit at the moment so whatever we can do to turn it around would be great.
                            me too but adams is still struggling defensivly so hopefully 1 more week at the most and he'll be back.

Comment

You mean the sort of thing Reed Johnson has done all year when he's been in the line-up?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X