Dontrelle Willis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dontrelle Willis

I just noticed this rumor hasnt been talked about.

Baseball people say the three teams best stocked with prospects to trade for Willis are 1) the Angels (though GM Bill Stoneman is reluctant to deal their top guys); 2) the Diamondbacks; and 3) the Dodgers.

But one GM warned not to count out the Blue Jays, saying, "You have to know [Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi] is going for it. And nobody has more pitching prospects at Triple-A.'' Those include David Purcey, Josh Banks, Shaun Marcum and Brandon League.
    Link
    Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

go for it! Willis needs a change and will come out of this funk, no doubt!!

Comment

If this is a serious possibility then the Jays should make some attempt at dealing for Dontrelle Willis. The guy is going to be a beast for a long, long time, and the Jays could probably get him without giving up anything off the everyday roster.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

The only reason Willis is 1-5 this year is because the Marlins blow! I really wouldnt mind giving up Purcey & League packaged in a deal.
        Danks & Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by Roy31
          The only reason Willis is 1-5 this year is because the Marlins blow! I really wouldnt mind giving up Purcey & League packaged in a deal.
          That would be giving up nothing .

I think the Marlins would like Hinske , Marcum and Downs for Willis and a prospect .

Comment

Braves can trade Eddie Perez and 2 pitching prosepects for their catching dillemma.
            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Cat27inLF

I think the Marlins would like Hinske , Marcum and Downs for Willis and a prospect .
              I don't think the Marlins would like Hinske's contract.

Comment

well, i would take this deal anyday. willis will be a beast and could be a jay for a long, long time. imagine this rotation:

1. Halladay
                2. Willis
                3. Burnett
                4. Chacin
                5. Lilly

wow, i hope that this is true.

Comment

Maybe they would be interested in Jannesen or Taubenheim and marcum maybe that would get Willis.

Comment

possible trade

Originally posted by Tinyballer
                    Maybe they would be interested in Jannesen or Taubenheim and marcum maybe that would get Willis.
                    could be a good deal for the B-Jays, if the price was right..but I
                    think the Marlins will shop him elsewhere..if they decide to trade
                    him....He'll probably end up in Boston, or Cleveland....

Would LOVE to see him in Detroit..but the asking price might be tooooooo
                    steeeeeppppp....then again, anything is possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Cat27inLF

I see it as the other way around. League and Purcey are two top pitching prospects...while Hinske is an overpaid mediocre corner-guy, Downs is nothing more than adequate most of the time, and Marcum would rank below Purcey or League as a prospect.

Comment

Yeah Purcey & League are much more valuable prospects than marcum and have WAY better trade value than downs and hinske.

Im not a big fan of purceys stuff not sure why. It might sting a little to lose League but Willis would make things all better .

Gotta start looking to trade for relievers too now.
                        Danks & Diamond

Comment

listening on fox radio yesterday and some baseball executive (anyoumous i believe) said that mlb would probably veto a deal if willis or cabrera without getting much worthwhile in return for the fact that they need florida to be somewhat competitive. i could have misquoted him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                            well, i would take this deal anyday. willis will be a beast and could be a jay for a long, long time. imagine this rotation:

1. Halladay
                            2. Willis
                            3. Burnett
                            4. Chacin
                            5. Lilly

Ya that'd be a great rotation, we'd be sure to make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac

1. Halladay
                              2. Willis
                              3. Burnett
                              4. Chacin
                              5. Lilly

Best pitching lineup ever.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X