Just think....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just think....

J.P was considering dealing Alex Rios for Brad Wilkerson in the off-season!

LOL

Thank god Rios didnt go anywhere.
    Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

Rios has been an unexpected surprise to the already lethal offense of the Jays. It's a good thing too!!, seeing what a disappointment Towers was.
      If Burnett had pitched and Towers just pitched even 500 ball, we would be running away with the division. They would be talking about the Jays instead of the Tigers.

Comment

I think with Rios's sudden improvement this year it makes Wells extendable and we could use him as trade bait if we need anything. I think thats how J.P. sees it, cause Vernon isnt a clutch hitter.
        Danks & Diamond

Comment

Well the way JP was talking today on the sportsnet telecast it didn't sound too much like Vernon is in the longterm futue plans of the Jays. I think thias is too bad, I'm a big fan of Vernon and would like to see him in CF for the Jays for a long time. I'm willing to bet that Vernon's future in Toronto hinges on the development of John-Ford Griffin.
          Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

i was an advocate of that wilkerson-rois deal. sure glad jp dont take orders from me.

it would be a shame if vernon moved on. he plays great baseball, you cant pitch around him, made everyone forget about torii hunter as the best pattrolling centerfield and hustles. but, guys cant stay forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
              Well the way JP was talking today on the sportsnet telecast it didn't sound too much like Vernon is in the longterm futue plans of the Jays. I think thias is too bad, I'm a big fan of Vernon and would like to see him in CF for the Jays for a long time. I'm willing to bet that Vernon's future in Toronto hinges on the development of John-Ford Griffin.
              Really?! What was said?

I'd imagine the problem is the Jays are maxed out on their payroll...and by the time Vernon hits the open market, he could be commanding $12-15 million a season. Rios, assuming he continues improving, will be in line for a raise as well, but not nearly as much as Wells. Could be looking at $20 million between the two of them. Letting Wells go would make the most financial sense.

I just shiver thinking of Vernon Wells in anyone else's uniform though!!

Comment

Probably more than 20 million between the 2 of them which is scary.

My solution is that we trade him to Texas for Top Prospect CF John Mayberry Jr and something else. We would kiss his phat contract bye bye and we would have a replacement for the future. And John Ford Griffin could step in right now?
                Danks & Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by WinnipegJaysFan
                  *gasp* How dare he :grouchy

Comment

Originally posted by WinnipegJaysFan
                    I don't know what you all are thinking but, Wilky would be great in Toronto, sure Rios is having a monster season but so is Wilky down in Texas, quite frankly, Wilky has the potential to be a better player than Rios ever will be
                    Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                      I don't know what you all are thinking but, Wilky would be great in Toronto, sure Rios is having a monster season but so is Wilky down in Texas, quite frankly, Wilky has the potential to be a better player than Rios ever will be
                      Yeah right. Next time dont be so biast.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X