Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the Face of the Blue Jays for 2014?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the Face of the Blue Jays for 2014?

Considering Jose Bautista is garnering all the attention, is he the best BJ player, does he deserve to be the face? Jose Reyes is pretty awesome player. Edwin Encarnacion can claim to be the best of the 3 right now.
    "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
    George Brett

I would say Encarnacion at this point. We'll have to see once the season gets under way, though. It could be a pitcher. It could be Marcus Stroman by October.

Comment

I would say the Jays have more of an "ensemble cast." If they are going to do anything this year, many players are going to have to step up and take the bull by the horns.

If anyone, I would say both Reyes and Bautista if they stay healthy, positive and focused!

I generally rule out DH's since they are really only partaking in half the game, and defense is too key of a component IMHO.
      Last edited by Jays4life; 03-13-2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Agrre with you Jays4. I follow on twitter both Reyes and Bautista, so I may be a bit biased. But I understand that as for now, we're kind of an ensemble.
        "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
        George Brett

Comment

Just take a second to look at Mark Buehrle as the face of the Jays this season. He is 10-1 now with under a 2.50 ERA. The Jays cannot lose when he is on the mound.

Comment

I think it's Melky Cabrera. He's been the most consistent offensive player and, as he goes, so goes the rest of the offense. Furthermore, it seems like when Bautisita and Encarnacion go off, their runs aren't needed and the Jays win 10-2. In those 2-1 and 3-2 games, it always seems like its Cabrera that's the difference maker.

Comment

I'll have to vote for "ensemble" too...this is just what last year's team was supposed to do; Melky and Reyes set the table, and Bautista, Encarnacion, Francisco, Lawrie, Rasmus (when he's back) and so forth shoot for the moon. Buehrle's unbeatable (and it's an absolute joy to watch a guy with maybe 85mph FB dominate like that...like a giant, hairy Maddux), Dickey's rolling after a bad start, Hendriks is a nice surprise, Janssen's back and perfect so far, the bullpen has stopped sucking so much (no more Santos, no more Rogers...) Obviously they're going to come back to Earth sooner or later but I can really see them making the playoffs for the first time since '93 (it's not too soon to be optimistic, is it?)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X