Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else happy we didn't sign Erwin Santana?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else happy we didn't sign Erwin Santana?

Looking at his stats, this guy wanted way to much IMO.

Plus the longer he waited out on signing, the more of a sour taste I was getting.

The only reason I wouldn't have minded signing him to a one year 14.1mil deal was that I know the guy would be trying extra hard to perform well to get a high payout contract the following year.

Honestly, I have a gut feeling he would not "gel" well with this team. Over inflated ego to past performance ratio!

Plus, y'all have the highest non-protected draft pick. Meaning if he did sign, you would lose the 11th overall pick for 1-year of a good pitcher.
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
      Plus, y'all have the highest non-protected draft pick. Meaning if he did sign, you would lose the 11th overall pick for 1-year of a good pitcher.
      You are right. I only got to understanding the whole new free-agent draft pick exchange rules after my initial post.

It would have been less of a risk for us to sign him.

I wonder if he would have signed for like $16mil (2 extra million). Would the extra 2 million been enough for him to pitch in the AL east?

Comment

I'm very happy. And the fact that he went to the Braves...makes me happier.
        "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
        George Brett

Comment

I'm glad that we didn't sign him.
          http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X