Will they hang in there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they hang in there.

As of right now the Jays are only 2 games out of first in the division.

Will they be in the same spot at the end of the season?

the blue jays have the potential to take this division. Everybody thought that this year they would have such good pitching though. Towers was supposed to be a .500 pitcher with a good era.....what the hell happened there. Burnett hasnt really pitched much at all, and the bullpen minus BJ Ryan hasnt been that good. Right now the offense is carrying the team......we need some decent pitching to win though.

Comment

the blue jays have done well this season and i think that they have the potential and ability to reach the playoffs. i do however think that they'll qualify through the wildcard with the red sox taking the division.
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Red Sox, you are the only only only!
      [/SIZE]

Comment

i think we got pitching depth, something the other two teams dont have. she'll be tight this year but it will be a fight to the end.

Comment

Just a thought...

Breaking up the platoon in left field, giving Johnson the majority of the time in left, and moving Catalanotto to second base, who was brought up as a 2B
          "You're not always going to be perfect, but I always try to be. If making an error doesn't make you mad, what's the point? Why put all the work in?" - Troy Glaus

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey55
            Just a thought...

Breaking up the platoon in left field, giving Johnson the majority of the time in left, and moving Catalanotto to second base, who was brought up as a 2B
            That's a possibility if Cat can even play Second anymore. I don't know why they didn't think of this as atleast a temporary solution until McDonald is back. Unless they did think about it and ruled it out.
            Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

I will pray for the jays to make the wildcard or win the division but personally i think red sox will remain in first and once yankees get over some of these injuries they will start winning more.

I think Toronto will remain in third in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey55
                Just a thought...

hey, welcome aboard jeffery55.

good thought and i would definatley do that but i have the same question as chris had, can cat play their anymore? if they could, im sure we could do that.

Comment

A couple things. The platoon in left is amazing. With Cat playing when a righty's on the mound and Johnson at the plate when a lefty's up, they are a great combo. Also, people are saying "when the Yankees get players back from injuries." They lost their 2 biggest outfield run producers until september. This is all they have, and i don't think that they can keep this up.
                  WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
                    A couple things. The platoon in left is amazing. With Cat playing when a righty's on the mound and Johnson at the plate when a lefty's up, they are a great combo. Also, people are saying "when the Yankees get players back from injuries." They lost their 2 biggest outfield run producers until september. This is all they have, and i don't think that they can keep this up.
                    Agreed, 100%
                    Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

"Cat" at second. Hmm....nice thought. I'll email Gibbons in the morning about it. I honestly am someone who believes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Their offence has been great and I wouldn't change their formula at this point.

I honestly can't picture "Cat" at second base.

And does Bengie have a beer gut? Has he always looked that way? I still love him.

Go Jays Go!

Comment

Reviving this one to talk about the recent past. The Jays looked shaky until the last two games before the break. Do they need to get more pitching, or are they good with what they have?

Personally, I think that they had enough, but then guys started getting injured. A rotation of Halladay, Burnett, Lilly, Chacin and (insert name here) would have been great. But that rotation has not yet played together at the same time. That being said, it would be a bad idea to go out and trade for a John Smoltz, expecially if that means giving up McGowan and Downs. I think they should wait until next year, and see if they can't get Halladay Burnett Chacin and whoever else healthy at the same time. Who knows. Maybe next year either McGowan or Downs will be ready for the bigs, and we wont need to make a trade.

Final thing, can their offence keep on hitting .300!?! I think that it's possible, however they can't have 4 guys go on a slump at the same time again, like they just did (Overbay, Glaus, Wells and Hillenbrand were hitting around .150 for a stretch in Texas and KC). Maybe the break will energize them, we'll see.

P.S.

I honestly can't picture "Cat" at second base.
                        Listening to JP Riccardi on the post game radio show a few Wednesdays ago, he said that Catalanotto won't play infield again. However, Mike Wilner (Jays guy who does the post game) said that Reed Johnson was taking infield practice. He too played infield (apparently) and Wilner was saying that they could slot him in at second later on in the season (possibly).
                        Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 07-10-2006, 04:05 PM.
                        WAMCO!

Comment

Not this year(Josh Towers killed us). Unless we go on a Detroit Tiger like trend, we won't. Maybe next year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X