Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade away both Purcey and McGowan please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade away both Purcey and McGowan please!

Why dont the Jays trade away both Purcey and McGowan. Both are pretty much worthless to the team, both are too weak to even help them in pitching when they have so many injuries, and both will NEVER be in the major leagues regularly.

Originally posted by flying27
    Why dont the Jays trade away both Purcey and McGowan. Both are pretty much worthless to the team, both are too weak to even help them in pitching when they have so many injuries, and both will NEVER be in the major leagues regularly.
    McGowan can stay, Purcey can go, McGowan still has loads of potential.
    Cristobal

Comment

McGowan does not have loads of potential, he cant even help the team in a situation like now where there are so many injuries the pitching staff is desperate, and even now he is far away from being able to help them. He is 24 years old and miles away from being a regular in the majors. He has loads of potential to be a very good AAA pitcher, I think he could be a star of the minor leagues over the next 5 years, but if he still has some trade value, then trade him before he is worth nothing.

Comment

Keep McGowan he could still turn out to be a good pitcher for us. Purcey should be dealt while he has some trade value. Im not a big fan of purceys stuff at all.
        Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

Why does anybody think McGowan is worth keeping if the team can get something in trade for him right now? He is 24 years old, not a YOUNG prospect. He is too weak to even get a call up at a time like now when the Jays have so many pitching injuries and are desperate for arms, he is still too weak to even help that in that desperate situation. He is pitching worse then last year, so TJ surgery cant be excused for that, since he should not be going worth as he goes. He has been passed by by younger pitchers(or his own age)like Janssen, Taubenheim, Davis Romero, have all passed him by, and Ricky Romero will soon.

He is a career minor leaguer, and if there are teams that believe he is more then that and want to give something good in a trade, then quick trade him, before it is too late.

I am glad atleast others see Purcey is worthless to the team as a prospect and should be traded though. Now being sent to AA at 24 I wonder if he has any trade value at all though?

Comment

mcgowan can throw smoke and he is one of the best in the system. i agree with the evaluation on purcey though. i have a feeling he will be gone for a bullpen upgrade later on.

Comment

I have no opinion on Purcey one way or the other. If the Jays can getb something of value for him, I don't see why they wouldn't, especuially if the apprasials of him on this board are correct. As for McGowan, I think he just has to re-find himself. The Jays havn't decided whether they want him to be a reliever or a starter, and I think that's affected him this season. I an optimist, and I still think McGowan is one of the better pitching prospects the Jays have, and could be ready for the bigs by next year.
              Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

If McGowan is in the majors before 2011, for more then 2 weeks, I will eat my computer. Purcey has a better chance of making it to the majors in the next few years then McGowan, but still is not a truly good prospect anymore.

Comment

If McGowan is in the majors before 2011, for more then 2 weeks, I will eat my computer. Purcey has a better chance of making it to the majors in the next few years then McGowan, but still is not a truly good prospect anymore.
                  my guess is you'll be eating you're computer

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                    my guess is you'll be eating you're computer
                    Well if I do I have a big appetite anyway. I tried to bet somebody $500 that he wouldnt be a regular in the majors until 2011, and the definition of a regular was atleast 4 months, and still being with team when there are no injuries to rotation or pen. The person initialy agreed, then backed out at the last minute. Even McGowan fans know deep down he is a career minor leaguer now, but it is hard to come to grips with a grim reality like that.

The little jay you have for an avatar is cute BTW.

Comment

If McGowan is in the majors before 2011, for more then 2 weeks, I will eat my computer.
                      That's really no klind of bet at all. All the computing machines used by us posting here will be long obsolete by 2011, and scientists will discover some new technology to turn old computers into food for third world countries. It could very well solve world hunger. Now are you willing to deprive starving children of food for the sake of a bet? I say for shame.
                      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Flying please shut up and get your As fan butt out of the bluejay forum in an attempt to turn us all into hating our own prospects.

Comment

Well if I do I have a big appetite anyway. I tried to bet somebody $500 that he wouldnt be a regular in the majors until 2011, and the definition of a regular was atleast 4 months, and still being with team when there are no injuries to rotation or pen. The person initialy agreed, then backed out at the last minute. Even McGowan fans know deep down he is a career minor leaguer now, but it is hard to come to grips with a grim reality like that.

The little jay you have for an avatar is cute BTW.
                          thank you

i know where you are coming from and understand your opinion but i don't think he is a career minor leaguer. like i said in another thread, this is his first full season i believe back from tommy john surgery. i think we have to give him time. if he doesn't pan out, deal him next year. but if we can get a big guy with mcgowan, i say do it but i would really like to keep him for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                            thank you

i know where you are coming from and understand your opinion but i don't think he is a career minor leaguer. like i said in another thread, this is his first full season i believe back from tommy john surgery. i think we have to give him time. if he doesn't pan out, deal him next year. but if we can get a big guy with mcgowan, i say do it but i would really like to keep him for now.
                            Give him until this point next year you mean? I would be fine with that as a fan, and I am very confident he would not be any closer to being a major leaguer then he is now personally.

Comment

Give him until this point next year you mean? I would be fine with that as a fan, and I am very confident he would not be any closer to being a major leaguer then he is now personally.
                              you just never know what more time in the minors might do to a guy. does anyone remember a kid named roy halladay when he got sent back to the minors for an extra while?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X