Downs to Start!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downs to Start!!

I just heard on the Blue Jay telecast that Scott Downs is going to get the Chacin start tomorrow evening. Speculation was that Towers was going to come back up.

Tommorow is the game we will need all this run support not tonight with halladay on the mound. We will probably lose 5-2 or something.
    Danks & Diamond

2 Future Aces, 1 Team....

Comment

Originally posted by Roy31
      Tommorow is the game we will need all this run support not tonight with halladay on the mound. We will probably lose 5-2 or something.
      Just the same, it's good to have a guy like Downs who can make a spot start in a pinch. And if he does get knocked around a little bit, it just means the Jays will need to rip apart whoever the O's put on the mound.
      Like Maple Syrup, Canada's evil oozes over the United States.

Comment

Well Halladay just pitched a complete game so no more "The Bullpen Is Tired" excuse. Luckily for Downs and the Jays we are going against quite possibly their worst starter in the rotation.
        Danks & Diamond

Comment

Let me just say thst I love Roy Halladay. Seriously, he is what the Ace of a ball team should be. He's been a rock in throughout the tough times the rotation has seen. It was almost expected that he atleast go deep into this game, if not pitch a complete game. He did it no problem. I love having him on the staff.

Comment

It's good to have a guy like Halladay. The best part is that he wants to be here. They locked him in for 4 more years earlier this spring. Can you imagine what Steinbrenner would pay this guy?? He really wants to be in Toronto. That, along with big $$$, is why we have guys like Ryan, Burnett, Glaus and Overbay. He is more than the ace of the pitching staff, he is the cornerstone of the team!!

Comment

I love Halladay but if we dont have a world series trip over the next 4 years, I wouldnt blame him for not wanting to resign with the Jays. He could sign with yanks and get alot of dough.

Halladay has a very quiet 8-1 record with a nice 2.75 ERA, Ahh just a lovely season he is putting together. Keep it up doc!
              Danks & Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by Chris from NY
                Let me just say thst I love Roy Halladay.

Me too. :gt

anyways, downs is a good spot starter and even if he can just give us 5 tonight, a rest bullpen hopefully will finish it off.

Comment

The thought of Halladay in those evil pinstripes makes me shudder to no end.

Comment

When he pulled Downs, I thought Gibbons did it too soon. I probably would have given him more opportunity to work it out. I guess that's why Gibbons is where he is, and I am were I am. It worked out for the best and the Jays got another W.

Comment

I was surprised to see Downs get pulled that early. But, as you said, it worked out well, so I'm not complaining

Comment

Personally I find Downs to be a pretty bad starter. I'd bet money every time that he can't last 3 inninngs without surrendering a run when he starts.

Bad control--- but his curveball sure his some break to it.

Comment

lets just remember that downs is a long reliever very capable of doing 3 innings and after that, he's doing what he can. i think if he can go 5, i'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Mac
                            lets just remember that downs is a long reliever very capable of doing 3 innings and after that, he's doing what he can. i think if he can go 5, i'll be happy
                            Yeah I think he is very well suited to that reliever role---

Comment

Ugh, we need to get rid of Towers. He's garbage and sending him down wont make him any better when he comes back up. Just get rid of the guy already.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X